What do you do when your toddler fake cries?

just makes noise that sounds like they are crying but in reality they arent lol

MomNbabyGirl009

Asked by MomNbabyGirl009 at 1:49 AM on Jul. 28, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• You mean whining? my son just turned 2 last week and has been doing this for months, just ignore it! If you give in or acknowledge it in any way, it will continue!
    truthteller0722

Answer by truthteller0722 at 2:03 AM on Jul. 28, 2010

• its not even whining. it looks like they are crying.. they totally act like they have full out tears flowing out of their eyes, but they dont.
    MomNbabyGirl009

Comment by MomNbabyGirl009 (original poster) at 2:06 AM on Jul. 28, 2010

• my son will pretend to cry or be hurt if he falls and such lol.. too cute. I simply pat him on the head and smile at him then distract him with a toy. once he is done crying then i give him the attention he wanted. xD tons of hugs and kisses!
    midnight11287

Answer by midnight11287 at 2:16 AM on Jul. 28, 2010

• if it is whinning i just ignore her!
    nickellmomof2

Answer by nickellmomof2 at 2:47 AM on Jul. 28, 2010

• My 2 yo does the fake cry when he bumps himself on a sofa cushion, then runs to me going "owie owie". I ask him "are you gonna live? do you want me to call 911?" and he says "momma fix", so I kiss his forehead and tell him to beat it (with a smile on my face).
    He used to do the whining when he wanted something he couldn't have or wanted something right that second, and I would use "the voice" and say " Wait, please". That's the only response he would get until I was able to get him what he wanted, so now after the first "wait, please", he generally stops whining. Not always, but usually.
    plylerjones

Answer by plylerjones at 6:31 AM on Jul. 28, 2010

• Most of the time I ignore it. Because I was giving him attention and it has gotten worse. So I find it best to just let him fake cry.
    camama007

Answer by camama007 at 7:15 AM on Jul. 28, 2010

• One of my twin daughter started this when I tell her no or she has something that she's not suppose and I ask her to give it to me. There is really nothing to do. I just ignore it.
    bjane01

Answer by bjane01 at 7:53 AM on Jul. 28, 2010

• I ignore her. If she keeps it up I laugh at her and she gets embarassed and stops. lol
    BambiF

Answer by BambiF at 7:55 AM on Jul. 28, 2010

• This is my sons favorite thing to do, and honestly he does it so much that mama couldnt be nice abt it anymore so now as long as its fake I will tell him to dry it up and then if that doesnt work I will count to three afterwards, which usually means he has to go sit down and collect himself before he can get up again. it seems to work.
    Quintensmom

Answer by Quintensmom at 9:28 AM on Jul. 28, 2010