Ok I had my son 7 weeks ago and I finally started my period on monday. I only had a little and then nothing the rest of the night. The next day I started my BC Pills and I then only had a little more bleeding. Wednesday I had some spotting. Is this normal? Most women I talk to said they had a very heavy first period.

Amanda92004

Asked by Amanda92004 at 2:01 AM on Oct. 3, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My first period was really strange. I had on and off spotting for about a week and then when my period actually kicked in it was really heavy!
    Tams_jade

Answer by Tams_jade at 5:01 AM on Oct. 3, 2008

• I had post partum bleeding for the first 6-8 weeks after having babies, and did not get a period until 8 or 9 months after. It was rather heavy when it came back.
    vsrillo

Answer by vsrillo at 11:47 AM on Oct. 3, 2008