Have you ever considered suicide as a way out of your struggle?? adult content

Just trying to understand how many mons have been sent over the edge of what they can honestly handle in life.

Blabbermouth

Asked by Blabbermouth at 3:15 AM on Jul. 28, 2010 in Relationships

• I have been that depressed before that all I could think of was ending it all to save my family from the heartache of having to deal with it.  I was definitely not in my right mind.  I'm now on medication (since I had my son 2 weeks ago) to help control it because I don't ever want to be that low again.  This is my last baby and I want to enjoy every moment instead of being so depressed I don't want to get out of bed.  Hopefully this med will work because all the others I've tried in the past either did nothing or made me feel more suicidal.  So far I feel okay and haven't felt the urge to burst into uncontrolled tears in over a week.  I've been dealing with my depression since I was a kid.  I had it under control without meds until I got pregnant last year and then it all went to hell.

justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 3:34 AM on Jul. 28, 2010

• not since i had my son but i was a depressed teen. i remember once i look at my mom and i said "i think i need help"... i attempted when i was 18.. that critical time just after high school. it wasnt bright. admitted myself into the local hospital and i was the ray of sunshine they called me... cuz i wasnt a critical situation i was just sad. i tried therapy but my therapist was kind of nuts. i tried meds but i wasnt mature enough to take them like i should. i started writting a journal of thoughts. no matter what i just kept doing it.i worked out all my problems on paper. it worked great
    MoMoFu

Answer by MoMoFu at 3:23 AM on Jul. 28, 2010

• Once. Then was told "a child of a parent who commits suicide goes through life thinking that it may be their fault and the one person to tell them it wasn't isn't there." After I heard that I knew I would never try again. That was almost 20 years ago.
    dragonlady44

Answer by dragonlady44 at 3:36 AM on Jul. 28, 2010

• When I was younger, yes, but not anymore. I wouldn't dream of leaving my children, plus, I've gained a lot of coping skills and sense of self-worth that I didn't have in those days.
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 7:37 AM on Jul. 28, 2010

• what??? no!!! I'd never want to leave my family! I have a hard enough time trying to digest the fact that we all die at some point.. It scares the s*** outta me!
    NicholeWalls

Answer by NicholeWalls at 3:19 AM on Jul. 28, 2010

• There are times were there is no light at the end of the tunnel, no where to turn for help or support....yet those are the times when God is tapping us on the shoulder trying to get us to seek him out because he is the only one who can pull us out of darkness when there appears to be no hope..
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 3:44 AM on Jul. 28, 2010

• I was very depressed at one point in my life, I seriously thought about it, I even knew what I would do.
    But I couldn't ever do it, because I am not a selfish person. Only selfish people can take their own lives.
    I always thought about how it would affect everyone in my life, and I couldn't do that to any of them.
    Looking back now, it seems CRAZY!
    Rachel24517

Answer by Rachel24517 at 8:26 AM on Jul. 28, 2010

• IMO everybody thinks about death as a way to escape their problems @ some point, even if its just for a second & they'd never really act on it. In really hard times I think our mind goes there bc we know its the final "escape", what keeps us from attempting is the knowledge that its permanent.
    Nyx7

Answer by Nyx7 at 8:22 AM on Jul. 28, 2010

• Yep when my ex left me and my kids were all grown and had relationships of their own I felt extremely alone but then I thought he's not going to get the best of me he's not worth it now I have a loving husband and beautiful 8 yr old daughter that I adore. I think sometimes people think it's the easiest way out of a situation but it leaves hurt in the ones you love.
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 10:08 AM on Jul. 28, 2010

• No, why would I when I'm so busy just trying to stay alive... And really, what would it take for me to commit suicide? Stop fighting? lol. Boom, I'd be dead as a doornail.
    Tes...Jacksmami

Answer by Tes...Jacksmami at 10:53 AM on Jul. 28, 2010