Are you the kind of mom who said "Til death do us part" and still means it?

So many couples break up over the silliest stuff and others just make it work year after year. Whats it take to stay with him forever, no matter what?

Blabbermouth

Asked by Blabbermouth at 3:17 AM on Jul. 28, 2010 in Relationships

• My husband and I have been married for 10 1/2 years and I think it's been out of sheer stubborness sometimes.  We broke up for 6 weeks a few years ago but he begged to come home and I let him.  Earlier this month we almost broke up again because we were both unhappy and he decided to just move on but we had a long talk (via text no less...we seem to communicate better through writing) and by the end of the night had worked it.  I think my winning argument was that we both promised after the first break-up to never let things get that bad and somehow we had (there has been a lot going on in the last year).  We are getting along better now than we have since we first got married.  I can't say I'll stay with him forever if we just can't get along but we're both willing to do whatever we can to try and make it work for as long as we can.

justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 3:39 AM on Jul. 28, 2010

• Yes I am and I do mean it I love my husband so much and I could never imagine life without him.. we do everything together he is my best friend
    NicholeWalls

Answer by NicholeWalls at 3:23 AM on Jul. 28, 2010

• so many couples give up after just a few years without realizing that it takes time to and many years to adjust to marriage.
    It is forever unless there is abuse or adultery. How will my kids know about relationships if I give up on my own as soon as the water turns a little wavy. Kids learn by example, I just wish more people understood that.
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 3:57 AM on Jul. 28, 2010

• I am a bit confused by the way you worded your question and the body of it, they negate each other. I do and will always mean that when it comes to my child but I will not say the same about his father (my SO).
    truthteller0722

Answer by truthteller0722 at 3:28 AM on Jul. 28, 2010

• Yes till death do us part as long as he's not hurting me or my children. Physically emotionally and mentally. I've been with my hubby for 7 years and have been married for a little over a year and it is not easy but I try and I have learned to deal with it.
    babyangelromero

Answer by babyangelromero at 5:58 AM on Jul. 28, 2010

• I've been married 22 years so yes I meant it.

Whats it take to stay with him forever.  Love, trust, respect and companionship are necessary for any marriage but really each couple has there own unique formula for making it work.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 6:47 AM on Jul. 28, 2010

• I meant it and so did my husband! We trust each other, love each other, and are determined to show that to each other. But ultimately, why I will stay with him is because I want to please my Savior.
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 8:02 AM on Jul. 28, 2010

• Actually we(well hopefully in the next year or two) will be saying for time and eternity. We believe families can be together forever. It may be hard sometimes, and heaven knows we have been through alot, but I have faith in our marriage. The ONLY reason I would ever consider leaving is abuse. Of me or my children. However, I know the Man DH is, and he would never stoop that low.
    RheaF

Answer by RheaF at 8:16 AM on Jul. 28, 2010

• That's so true, people today don't work out the problems they have and just call it quits. I think that me and my husband will continue to be married unless one of us cheats, or he ever would beat me up. We've been married 6 years now, We have worked through alot.
    Rachel24517

Answer by Rachel24517 at 8:24 AM on Jul. 28, 2010

• I believe in "till death do us part" & have informed my hubby should he choose to step over the line on my deal breakers-abuse, or cheating, I'd have no problem bashing his head in w/ a cast iron skillet thus taking care of the death part & freeing me up to find someone else!
    Nyx7

Answer by Nyx7 at 8:24 AM on Jul. 28, 2010