My Fiancé's side of the family....

So basically there is an unspoken, for the most part, dislike.
I could go down the line
lil sis = greedy, always asking for money or stuff
lil bro= he's ok nothing negative
big bro=ASSHOLE, he kept referring to me, and all women, as bitches so I dislike him for that, but I also called him out on it.

3 cousins all girls=1. is alright, we don't like one another and we know it, 2. she and I get along very well, 3.is just weird, she has an anger problem and is always calling me "the outsider" and made my SO choose between her and I, he chose me of course, but I guess that's what happen when you mke ppl chose.

It's just a mess

HELP, I'm w/DF to visit the grandparents, for a B-day dinner, and they will all be there I'm sure.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:45 AM on Jul. 28, 2010 in Relationships

• Talk w/ your dh about what bothers you after you've left. While you're there you act like he's the best guy in the world, you have the perfect relationship & all others should look to you for relationship advice bc you're doing so well! Keep your problems private & the drama about you guys will never be an issue. W/ mine they like to try to find weaknesses w/ me & hubby to make themselves feel better about their crappy lives. Strap a smile to your face, bite down on your tounge & come up w/ a "time to leave NOW" word for you & fiancee.
    Nyx7

Answer by Nyx7 at 8:39 AM on Jul. 28, 2010

• Just be lucky it is a small family and it is just for a short time. Just keep to yourself and think of other things instead of the negative.
    My husband is the youngest of 9 so when I'm around his family it is overwhelming just because of the amount of people and it is hard to really talk to anyone because anything i say somebody will use it to gossip later on..
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 3:52 AM on Jul. 28, 2010

• well, I had that kind of in laws. It's just messy. I really admire those cousins and friends of mine who got married to someone with a family that is pretty cool. How do I deal with it? I just go but eventually, I just avoided them. It's easier that way. It's gonna go down that path anyway.
    LavenderRose10

Answer by LavenderRose10 at 3:52 AM on Jul. 28, 2010

• Kill them with kindness, I know it's really hard. But do it and it will get easier... just think FAKE. Ha and time limits, never stay very long, don't show up too early.
    Topgunmommy

Answer by Topgunmommy at 3:58 AM on Jul. 28, 2010

• yes, kill with kindness. It's the best way out of all these situations. The kind person is always the better person.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 7:29 AM on Jul. 28, 2010

• I would show them how happy i am really put on a happy face so everything for your man show them no matter what they say or do it its not gonna keep u down or it its not gonna get in between u and your man and go dress like a million bucks and trust me people like that just wanna see u guys a part and u miserable
    cnoble927

Answer by cnoble927 at 7:33 AM on Jul. 28, 2010

• oh yea & if there's alcohol don't overdo it! One drink an hour followed by a glass of water will keep you from saying something you want to but shouldn't.
    Nyx7

Answer by Nyx7 at 8:40 AM on Jul. 28, 2010

• no family is perfect, he probably thinks the same about yours. my husband and I refuse to go to eachothers family reunions because of it
    Kayge

Answer by Kayge at 8:50 AM on Jul. 28, 2010