Is flirting considered cheating?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:35 AM on Oct. 3, 2008 in Relationships

• yes
    Patience1

Answer by Patience1 at 2:42 AM on Oct. 3, 2008

• I hope not.. because where I work as an admin I flirt with any guy who flirts with me (as long as they aren't a complete pig). A lot of the guys are married who flirt their heads off, and I wouldn't want to feel like I'm causing them to "cheat". They just say things that I'm sure they wouldn't say if their wives were anywhere nearby.. lol
    krnrobey

Answer by krnrobey at 2:43 AM on Oct. 3, 2008

• Well lets put it this way. I feel hurt and left out if my husband flirts with someone while Im there. As I am his wife. He should be flirting with me. It does hurt so I dont know yeah maybe it is a way of cheating in a sense if it hurts when you see your partner flirting.
    Shellmybells

Answer by Shellmybells at 2:53 AM on Oct. 3, 2008

• i think a good way to look at it is, if it's something you wouldn't want your s/o to catch you doing, it's better not to do it.
    sublime7713

Answer by sublime7713 at 2:55 AM on Oct. 3, 2008

• I DO NOT CONSIDER IT CHEATING, BUT IT CAN BE JUST AS DAMAGING AS CHEATING AND JUST AS HURTFUL. NOT TO MEATION THAT IT CAN DEFINENTLY LEAD TO CHEATING. I CAN HONESTLY SAY THAT I AM GUILTY OF FLIRTING WITH ANOTHER GUY OCCASIONALLY. I AM NOT PROUD OF IT, BUT IT IS NICE TO GET NOTICED OCCASIONALLY. TO KNOW THAT "I STILL HAVE IT." I THINK THAT A LOT OF PEOPLE HAVE DIFFERENT IDEAS OF WHAT FLIRTING IS THOUGH. TO ONE PERSON A SMILE CAN BE FLIRTING AND TO ANOTHER PERSON IT IS. I THINK THAT IT DEPENDS ON EACH INDIVIDUAL RELATIONSHIP, AND TOGETHER A COUPLE NEEDS TO SIT DOWN AND SET BOUDRIES THAT THEY ARE BOTH HAPPY WITH. CHEATING OR NOT ANYTHING OUTSIDE THOSE BOUDRIES IS WRONG!
    alicia_4307

Answer by alicia_4307 at 2:59 AM on Oct. 3, 2008

• No, it is not cheating. There are people who dislike it, and there are people who choose to be hurt by it or take it personally, but flirting is just harmless fun as long as you know that it is just flirting. Flirting makes you feel good, feel alive and sexy and attractive, which are all good things for you to feel...and can be good for your spouse too! Of course, there is a difference between flirting and coming onto someone, which is where I think some people get confused. When you're flirting both of you know nothing is EVER going to come of it.
    jespeach

Answer by jespeach at 3:01 AM on Oct. 3, 2008

• No, its natural, normal and you almost can't avoid doing it. You can avoid going any farther than that. Also, I wouldn't flirt with anyone I thought would take it as a serious "pass". Adults can talk and bat their eyes while being faithful to their spouse.
    shmorris56

Answer by shmorris56 at 3:11 AM on Oct. 3, 2008

• I dont consider it "cheating" but I think that it is wrong. Just think of your husband flirting with someone else. Feel that pain! IT is not something to joke about because that is your SO feelings that you are messing with!
    LaBoucane

Answer by LaBoucane at 3:20 AM on Oct. 3, 2008

• I think flirting is cheating if and only if it is taken too far...lap sitting, rubbing shoulders, thinks like that...but smiles nah..no big.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:26 AM on Oct. 3, 2008

• No it's not cheating, my husband is a flirt and it doesn't bother me.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 7:40 AM on Oct. 3, 2008