How dark were the lines on your pregnancy test?

I recently took a pregnancy test, because I have been feeling some other pregnancy symptoms. The lines came back SUPER dark and showed up really fast. 2 weeks ago, I took a test, and it was negative. This is our 3rd baby, we have 2 boys. I found out I was pregnant with them around 5 1/2 weeks, and the lines weren't that dark! According to my LMP and conception date, I'm barely 4 weeks pregnant. Is it common for the lines on the test to be that dark so early on?

Mama2Becks

Asked by Mama2Becks at 4:26 AM on Jul. 28, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I'm not sure how dark they should be, but you can buy a digital test and it will just say pregnant or not pregnant.
    sherribeare

Answer by sherribeare at 4:28 AM on Jul. 28, 2010

• Thank you! I went to the doctor yesterday, just did a "walk-in" and did a urine test there too, and that one also came back positive. I just don't know why they'd be so dark, besides twins, which don't run in my family...
    Mama2Becks

Comment by Mama2Becks (original poster) at 4:30 AM on Jul. 28, 2010

• the line on my test also was dark,, and i had one boy...but i'm not sure what makes it dark or light.

Congratulations..

mommy_sam

Answer by mommy_sam at 4:40 AM on Jul. 28, 2010

• I took my pregnancy test the day i was suppose to get my period and they were all faint. anytime I'd try to take them before they would come out negative, even when I was pregnant with my twins and your suppose to have higher levels, but even with them it was still faint the day I was suppose to get my period.
    babyangelromero

Answer by babyangelromero at 5:49 AM on Jul. 28, 2010

• with my two they were super dark at like four weeks and i only had one each time.
    .sarahbelle.

Answer by .sarahbelle. at 7:36 AM on Jul. 28, 2010

• HA! Which ones? The lines on the 3 pregnancy tests I took @ home were pretty dark. The pee test I took @ the dr's office came back negative so no lines there. When I returned for a blood test the next day & was pregnant that line was pretty dark! I think it depends on the level of hormones, you may have tested @ a time when it was higher, I think & don't quote me here that if you use the 1st pee in the am the levels will be stronger cuz they've been sitting there overnight.
    Nyx7

Answer by Nyx7 at 7:47 AM on Jul. 28, 2010

• I had a similar experience with my 4th - the negative test and then later a really dark one. I was further along then I thought. I don't know why I had the negatives before, but I thought I was pregnant. I must have been - I was about 14 weeks pregnant when I went in for my 10 week appointment.
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 8:00 AM on Jul. 28, 2010