Do you believe in spanking your child?

Just wondering how many people believe in spanking your child/children

hgraham4707

Asked by hgraham4707 at 4:30 AM on Jul. 28, 2010 in General Parenting

• No
    sherribeare

Answer by sherribeare at 4:42 AM on Jul. 28, 2010

• yes
    ambernicole531

Answer by ambernicole531 at 4:57 AM on Jul. 28, 2010

• honestly, I spank my children occassionally, prob like 2-3 times a year if that. Sometimes they get completely out of line and I don't hit them hard and excesive, one spanking to the butt and thats it. I mostly do time outs but there are just those times where a time out doens't seem to be enough.
    babyangelromero

Answer by babyangelromero at 6:12 AM on Jul. 28, 2010

• Absolutely!
    Nyx7

Answer by Nyx7 at 7:43 AM on Jul. 28, 2010

• Absolutely not. It teaches your child that hitting is okay when they don't get what they want.
    drpepper73

Answer by drpepper73 at 8:20 AM on Jul. 28, 2010

• No! Spanking teaches children to hit. The only time it works is when your children fear you. They learn to use hitting as a weapon. Most parents spank when they are angry and have ' had enough'. So, this is what children learn. T be violent and take out their anger on others. Your child imitates EVERYTHING you d whether you see it or not. Yes there are those times when NOTHING SEEMS TO WORK but we have to be strong and learn to recognize those times. Especially when we need to take a break or ask for help or send them to bed for a nap. Good luck because it will be hard! (resources resources resources)
    anglkisz83

Answer by anglkisz83 at 8:58 AM on Jul. 28, 2010

• Yes I do, I was spanked and I am not abusive or violent, but there are times when I have tried everything in my power to get my LO to listen and it does not work, so to keep from going to the ER for something major he gets a tap on the butt, most of the time he doesnt even cry so I know I am not hurting him
    Quintensmom

Answer by Quintensmom at 9:34 AM on Jul. 28, 2010

• depends.
    noel1978

Answer by noel1978 at 7:46 PM on Jul. 28, 2010