how do I decide which preschool option is best?

my chld is enrolled in a full day preschool/childcare program that costs approx 115 a week. I can get her into a half day program for free, if my cousin can watch her in the am...problem? cousin not always reliable and not sure what to do. Need steady childcare b/c I work everyday

wyandmimismom

Asked by wyandmimismom at 4:48 AM on Jul. 28, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• If your cousin is not reliable, then I would keep her in the full day program.
    sherribeare

Answer by sherribeare at 4:51 AM on Jul. 28, 2010

• i think it's better to keep her at the full day program then.
    mommy_sam

Answer by mommy_sam at 4:54 AM on Jul. 28, 2010

• It's the most obvoius answer, right? I think the only reason I am even considering the half day program is b/c I teach the same grade in the same school district so I am familair with what she will be doing all day. Plus it would not hurt to save the money! :)
    wyandmimismom

Comment by wyandmimismom (original poster) at 4:59 AM on Jul. 28, 2010

• Yes, but it might cost you more in the long run if she is unreliable.
    sherribeare

Answer by sherribeare at 5:05 AM on Jul. 28, 2010

• And not just financial cost, but is the preschool at capacity or difficult to get in? Plus, your daughter is child is already enrolled and used to going.
    sherribeare

Answer by sherribeare at 5:06 AM on Jul. 28, 2010

• Yes, her current school is very difficult to get into..it took us a year to get accepted! I think once we say we are leaving we will not be able to get back in. I think you are right..I worke up in a panic thinking something would go wrong by Sept.if we change to the half day program...I think I may need to go with my gut, suck up the payments and keep her at her current school
    wyandmimismom

Comment by wyandmimismom (original poster) at 5:11 AM on Jul. 28, 2010

• Go with your gut.... You have to do what is best for her and I wouldn't risk losing the spot at the preschool if the person is unreliable. Besides, if she is unreliable, then she might not be a good role model.
    sherribeare

Answer by sherribeare at 5:22 AM on Jul. 28, 2010

• lol.. I think you may be right...and now i think i may be relaxed enough to get a couple more hours of sleep b/f I get up for work. Thx for your help!
    wyandmimismom

Comment by wyandmimismom (original poster) at 5:25 AM on Jul. 28, 2010

• Keep her where she is at
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 10:19 AM on Sep. 14, 2010