Easier at 1 year?

Do you feel anything about child rearing got easier when your child turned one? Or did it get more hectic walking and temper tantrums LOL

maggiebella25

Asked by maggiebella25 at 7:24 AM on Jul. 28, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Hmm, well, both my husband and I felt that as soon as my Dd hit 1 year old, she suddenly became a lot easier to handle. This could be because it was our first child, and we're better at parenting an older baby... but really, I think it's cuz she was so colicy when she was a baby, and she cried so much! We used to hear screaming any time we got in the car, but as soon as she hit 1 we put her FF and she suddenly stopped crying. It was like bliss, we suddenly didn't feel confined to the house rather than listen to screaming in the car. I don't know why she cried so much, it was probably due to a weak stomach and being backwards in the car, considering that happened to me when I was a baby.
    MomtoElliett

Answer by MomtoElliett at 7:33 AM on Jul. 28, 2010

• NO! LOL...as tey get older, there are always new challenges...that's parenting! :o) Looking back, the "easiest" time was when they were strapped into their car seat/carrier!! Once they could walk, i mean run...it was never the same again!!

LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 7:26 AM on Jul. 28, 2010

• it's easier in some ways & harder in others. She's sleeping thru the night so I'm not as exhausted, she understands me when I tell her things though usually she decides to ignore me. I'm following her thru the house saying NO more than I want to, she knows exactly what she's not supposed to get into & goes straight for it, trying to distract her never works. I'm having more fun w/ her now then when she was small, we can play games & read books together!
    Nyx7

Answer by Nyx7 at 7:28 AM on Jul. 28, 2010

• LOL...unfortunatley no my daughter is now 3 and I still wish I apreciated and took advantage more of those baby years....although I think 2 was the hardest for me anyway....I would just enjoy it now.... it's definatley a thrill ride
    mommy3567

Answer by mommy3567 at 7:41 AM on Jul. 28, 2010

• o man.. i wish for baby stage again lmao.. my dd is 19 months and hits/pinches/says NO/MINE to everything.. lots of time outs here.. def more stressful!
    oppsdiditagain

Answer by oppsdiditagain at 8:22 AM on Jul. 28, 2010

• Oh, Heavens no! Definitely not easier! DD just turned 1 July 1st. Without a doubt it's much harder with her now (as it was when my other LO's were this age) than as a baby. BUT, on the bright side, I think she's also much more fun! She's learning how to say new things, make new faces, she's starting to get a sense of humor. She's really starting to want to cuddle with me. So while it is without a doubt a more exhausting stage, it's also even more rewarding, IMO.
    renea20

Answer by renea20 at 8:47 AM on Jul. 28, 2010

• It's a trade off. It's so much easier going places when they can walk and you don't have to take all the bottles and equipment. But walking also means they can get themselves hurt very easily. Meal times are easier because they can feed themselves but it's also messier. Those are some examples. Still I wouldn't trade my toddler for newborn.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 2:15 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• By 1 they can usually walk and talk and are off the bottle, sleeping through the night etc but they are also getting into everything, starting to throw tantrums and are very BUSY all the time. 1 1/2 to 2 1/2 is tough with the 'terrible twos'. They don't call them terrible for nothin ;-)

I don't think being a parent is easy at any stage, it's just different challenges at every stage!
    jacksmom3707

Answer by jacksmom3707 at 3:46 PM on Jul. 28, 2010