Want to get married

Not a big wedding but something small and simple, something that is just about us not everyone else. Any nice, cheap ideas? Thanks

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:31 AM on Jul. 28, 2010 in Relationships

• Choose a location that will allow you to pick your own catering
    Have a cash bar or only serve beer and wine
    Go to your local thrift store or even go garage saling to find unique vases for centerpieces
    There are many online sites that let women sell their used wedding dresses - up to 90% off
    Most places offer discounts to couples if they get married on Friday night or Sunday
    Remember the more you do yourself the cheaper it will be :)
    kaylan010

Answer by kaylan010 at 8:47 AM on Jul. 28, 2010

• Have a "destination" wedding. DH and I took off to a resort in Northern California and invited our moms. It was gorgeous and so low-key. I thoroughly enjoyed my wedding.
    SusanTheWriter

Answer by SusanTheWriter at 8:59 AM on Jul. 28, 2010

• Both of those sound like great ideas. Can't go wrong with either one!
    Madame_Ice3000

Answer by Madame_Ice3000 at 9:08 AM on Jul. 28, 2010

• My husband and I booked a Pavillion at the local state park. My parents, DH/I paid for all the food, and my parents paid for the decorations as surprise to us. We had no music, we had nothing catered, we camped at the campsites in park to save on guests hotel rooms. It cost us maybe 150-200 dollars at the most. I bought a simple summer dress and hubbs wore a nice outfit he already owned. It was a really nice wedding. The kids could go swimming at the beach a few yards from the pavillion. There were yard games that family members brought. It was a really great time.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 9:32 AM on Jul. 28, 2010

• (Contin) The food was cooked and prepared by myself, my parents, and any other family that wanted to help. It was a cookout setup as far as food goes. It was super simple, super cheap, and super yummy!
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 9:33 AM on Jul. 28, 2010