Sunburn Follow up...

I asked last night about ways to treat a sunburn & wanted to let all you mammas know that the thing that made it feel the best was olive oil! After tylenol, vinegar bath, rubbing down w/ aloe (I don't recommend using real aloe cuz the skin is scratchy!) & plastering on the coco butter lotion I was still burning. I remembered that ancient cultures used to use olive oil as a lotion & decided what the heck! What home remedies do you have that others might think is wierd?

Nyx7

Asked by Nyx7 at 8:35 AM on Jul. 28, 2010 in Health

• Best I ever used for a 2nd degree sunburn was vinegar. I soaked a wash cloth and left it on my burn for an hour. It pulled the sting out, which allowed me to sleep.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 8:43 AM on Jul. 28, 2010

• The best thing we ever used on sunburns was Noxzema. It's really cooling & soothing.
    ghostwriter777

Answer by ghostwriter777 at 8:40 AM on Jul. 28, 2010

• I've heard that too, all the stores were closed so I had to use what I had @ home but I'm picking up some today!
    Nyx7

Comment by Nyx7 (original poster) at 8:43 AM on Jul. 28, 2010

• Aloe still works great for us. You can buy a bottle of the gel at any drugstore or med section of the supermarket and it's really cheap.
    SusanTheWriter

Answer by SusanTheWriter at 9:01 AM on Jul. 28, 2010

• Put the gel aloe in the fridge applying cold helps with the sting!
    PageKing

Answer by PageKing at 9:02 AM on Jul. 28, 2010