• In the Spotlight:

Why do most people have a problem with the New World Translation of ?

Why do so many people have a problem with The New World Translation of the Bible? It is the same, only written in plain English words. It has the same meaning as the King James Version. Have you ever picked one up and read it? No bashing or arguing. PLEASE! Just discussion. Also it isn't anything like the International Bible.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:06 AM on Oct. 3, 2008 in Religion & Beliefs

• Actually the Trinity isn't in they KJV any more than it is the NWT... The NWT has been translated from the original texts not from another bible... The reason for this is that we now understand the languages better and a simple difference in one word can make all the difference beween is, was and will be... It could change the entire meaning of a scripture... So do you want accurate or old and trusted even if it's wrong?

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 10:03 AM on Oct. 3, 2008

• I can't speak for most people, but I can tell you why I have a problem with it.  It has been changed.  It's not that I'm terribly attatched to the KJV, in fact, I don't even use it (I use the NIV).  It's because it has changed the meaning of the Bible.  According to the NWT, the Trinity doesn't exist. 

DusterMommy

Answer by DusterMommy at 8:40 AM on Oct. 3, 2008

• I am SO HAPPY to hear you say that!!!!!!!!!!!! A lot of people on here think that it is wrong, they think it isn't the actual Bible. I tried to tell them it is the same thing only in our language. What do you think, is it the same thing as the King James Version? It really is, just in our lanuage, right? I don't see why people find that so hard to believe. It wasn't added to or taken from, it is just our lanuage. It means the same as KJV.Everyone thinks that the Jehovahs Witnesses made it up. What is your opinion?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:41 AM on Oct. 3, 2008

• The Trinity is in there if you just look., the International Bible has changed a lot of things that are in KJV. Did you know that? For real. The New World Translation is just written in our lanuage. Thats all. Nothing has been added or taken from the Bible. Actually the KJV was written for King James, did you know that. I looked it up and he had his scholars write it as he saw fit. True fact.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:45 AM on Oct. 3, 2008

• Now if you want to talk about changing the Bible, have you ever looked at the Catholic Bible, they have added Chapters to it. My Dad has one and I took a look at it and sure enough, they had added different Chapters to it. I was amazed!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:47 AM on Oct. 3, 2008

• Ok, if the Trinity is in the NWT, please show me some verses to back that up.
    DusterMommy

Answer by DusterMommy at 8:48 AM on Oct. 3, 2008

• I only have a NIV version and have never seen the one you're talking about. I think some people may have problems with it because there are a million different ways to interpret the meaning of some of the words in the Bible. Two people can read the same verse and get something totally different out of it. I've heard that in the version you're talking about, some of the words are changed (so we better understand them), but when words are changed, meanings can be changed as well.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 8:59 AM on Oct. 3, 2008

• ReneeK3, the words aren't "accidentally" changing the maening in th NVW. It is deliberate, and was done in a way so that it "backs up" what Jehovah's Witnesses teach.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:02 AM on Oct. 3, 2008

• Yeah, what anon. said, more or less. Although I'm not sure what the NVW is...? I think maybe she meant the NWT?
    DusterMommy

Answer by DusterMommy at 9:04 AM on Oct. 3, 2008

• Eph.4:30, Mat.12:32, Mat.3:11, Luke 3:22, MR.13:11, are you talking about the Holy Spirit as being an individual, or are you talking about Gods Holy Spirit, I believ in God, his Holy Spirit, and Jesus Christ. Please explain to me what you mean, I don;t quite understand. Thanks
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:20 AM on Oct. 3, 2008