Toddlers and milk...

Am I the only one who's 20-month-old doesn't like milk? I can get her to drink a bottle of warm chocolate milk before bed (which as of late has been swapped with chocolate PediaSure b/c she's a picky eater), but otherwise I can't get her to drink cow's milk OR soy milk. Any other moms out there with this problem?

Kassey713

Asked by Kassey713 at 9:10 AM on Jul. 28, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Also, one thing I have learned is that they don't 'need' to drink milk. My dd's pedi said as long as she is getting calcium and vitamin d in other foods and drinks she is fine. So I never forced it on her. I would buy the OJ with calcium in it. Now I have my kids have 1 glass a day with dinner, and I also bought different flavors for the milk. I just got coffee syrup because they like to sneak my iced coffee lol so I put coffee milk in a cup with a few ice cubes and a straw and they LOVE it!
    KaRaBaSsEtT

Answer by KaRaBaSsEtT at 11:07 AM on Jul. 28, 2010

• My 3rd refused to drink milk for the longest time. She is 3 now and just starting to drink it. First I have to say, why does she still have a bottle? You should put it in a cup with a straw and see if she will like that! Or even a new sippy cup! GL
    KaRaBaSsEtT

Answer by KaRaBaSsEtT at 9:13 AM on Jul. 28, 2010

• try goat's milk, its much easier for them to digest!
    Nyx7

Answer by Nyx7 at 9:15 AM on Jul. 28, 2010

• Kara - she does use a sippy-cup all day long; she prefers her night-time routine to involve the bottle still (I've tried switching it, and it's NOT worth the migraine that the screaming caused. I'll try again in a few weeks). And a cup w/ a straw's not a bad idea; I just might try that one...
    Kassey713

Comment by Kassey713 (original poster) at 9:25 AM on Jul. 28, 2010

• That's actually pretty common with toddlers. My niece refuses to drink milk outside of a couple of sips as well. Just as long as they're getting all of their needed vitimins and nutrician from other foods/drinks they're okay.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 9:26 AM on Jul. 28, 2010