Have you ever changed your own flat tire?

I'm about to try it. I have no one to rescue me & we dont have AAA anymore. My DH thinks i am going to hurt myself...LOL!

so, have you done it & is it easy or hard to do?

samurai_chica

Asked by samurai_chica at 9:34 AM on Jul. 28, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I have! Just be careful on where you pick to place the jack. Make sure it is on the frame of the car...not a bumper of something soft like material such as fiberglass etc so it won't fall on you. Also make sure it is on flat hard ground! I literally had to jump on the lug wrench to get the lugs loose...and the tires are heavy as hell, but you can do it! Here's a bump for being a woman who wraaaaks!
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 11:17 AM on Jul. 28, 2010

• its not too bad.. My hubby made me change a tire so I would know how... Just remember to take the bolts loose BEFORE you jack up the car... Not all the way loose just lossen them. It's way easier. :O) Good luck!
    anabele

Answer by anabele at 9:36 AM on Jul. 28, 2010

• I am 64 years old and have never changed a tire. Sorry I can't help you. I would probably just stand on the side of the road and look pitiful, hoping someone would stop to help me!
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 9:37 AM on Jul. 28, 2010

• Yes I have it's not so bad! You can do it!!!!!
    PageKing

Answer by PageKing at 9:40 AM on Jul. 28, 2010

• It's been a long time. But do loosen the bolts before you jack up the car; they're much harder to loosen once the car is up.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 9:41 AM on Jul. 28, 2010

• You can do it...I've had to do it before...
    bumblebeestingu

Answer by bumblebeestingu at 9:41 AM on Jul. 28, 2010

• I have learned how to work on my own car. The only thing that I had problems with is breaking the lug nuts loose. I had to stand on tire iron to do that. Just make sure that the jack you use is stable. Other than that it is pretty easy.
    dragonlady44

Answer by dragonlady44 at 9:43 AM on Jul. 28, 2010

• It's not bad. I have had to do it a time or two. Make sure you block off the tire just in case so it doesn't roll and as dragonlady said that the jack is stable. I too have had to stand on the jack to break the lugs loose but after that it is pretty easy. Good luck! I hope you get and your day gets better.  good luck

Codysmom2106

Answer by Codysmom2106 at 9:46 AM on Jul. 28, 2010

• I know how, but I have never had to. We have an air compressor, so if I get a flat, I pump it up and go 3 miles to the tire store if my husband isn't home.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 9:46 AM on Jul. 28, 2010

• Nope, I have never had to do it. Someone has always took pity and helped me.
    When I went to get my license, my Dad said he was going to make me do it. Ended up, he took me out by the car, and I watched him change a tire, lol.
    mommy11260

Answer by mommy11260 at 9:47 AM on Jul. 28, 2010