Anyone else doing this? It's driving me crazy! off when so works/so off when u work?

My dh and I both work. We have been able to set things up so that when he works,I am w/the kids and the other way around. It's just making me crazy because he does not care for them as well,give them their meds,bathe them or clean the house. I know it's summer,they have been at home 24/7 and there is not much to do but mess up the house but it it puts me into a freenzie when I'm off. Uggh,it's a lot!

momthruivf

Asked by momthruivf at 9:35 AM on Jul. 28, 2010 in General Parenting

• All women go thru the same thing. We as women are just better at juggling housework, bathing and cleaning children... Just find a way to set up a few things your husband could do to take the load off you.
    MKSers

Answer by MKSers at 2:14 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• I'm going through the same thing right now but I only have one child. I just recently had a talk with my husband about it all. It seemed to go in one ear and out the other. So I stpooed doing the normal things I usually do for him. When he caught onto that I explained the importance of taking care of our daughter the right way and then he understood. Gl
    samantha21385

Answer by samantha21385 at 9:44 AM on Jul. 28, 2010

• I'm going through the same thing too. I only work 1 day a week but during that 1 day that my husband is with the kids, the house gets more dirty than it does the whole rest of the week. What I do now is give him 1 room or a section of a room to make sure is spotless before I get home. He's done well so far, eventually I will add another room. Men, like kids, need small responsibilities to gain a sense of accomplishment then you can add more. Don't know if that'll help or not, but that's what I've been doing in my situation. Hope it works out for you, and the rest of us.
    keisha613

Answer by keisha613 at 10:41 AM on Jul. 28, 2010

• I did that with my first husband and I told him to leave the house the way I left it...which means clean up after you and the kids and he did really well...

Now my 2nd husband, well I tried working things out the same way with marriage number one...except the 2nd husband woulds leave things a mess and not do things i expected him to...when I would talk to him about it he would tell me "well I'm not the one who wants to work, it's your job to clean the house not mine"....needless to say I gave up on having an extra income and decided to stay home and do my job here which apparently is to cook and clean and not bring in money.
    togo90210

Answer by togo90210 at 3:27 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• Sorry do not have that problem. We both work(im currently off b/c summer break) and we both clean the house. For example....my husband is doing dinner dishes. I made dinner, he does dishes. He does laundry, dusts, runs the vacuum, etc. His parents taught him and expected him to help his future wife. I could not marry a man that does not think he should help clean the house.
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 6:56 PM on Jul. 28, 2010