Follow up to yesterdays mom looking for friends on CL.

My brother confronted her last night. Shes keeping his baby during the day and like me he was worried she may take the baby with her to meet people. She says she would never take the kids (but some emails she sent say otherwise) and then got really defensive when he told her that she can do as she wishes just cant take the kids or bring them around these people shes meeting.
There's 2wks left till school and my mom and dad have been splitting the time babysitting while me and DH are @ work.
Me and DH decided we would put our girls into day camp for the next two weeks b/c were not convinced that mom wont take the girls out on her adventures.
Mom is pissed but I think we did the right thing...

What would you have done?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:35 AM on Jul. 28, 2010 in Relationships

• You shouldn't be using mom anyway. They are your children. You should have budgeted for daycare before you considered expanding your family. Young women shouldn't be assuming mom is just their free babysitter. We older moms have a life. I think your mom should thank you for being responsible for your own children. Now tell your brother to do the same
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:38 AM on Jul. 28, 2010

• your mom's life is her own to make mistakes with just as our children's are. sounds like she is more interested in a social life than in being grandma right now. protect your children, follow your instincts and let your mother live her life. let her be as pissed as she wants they're your kids. just make time to visit together when she is not off looking for other activities. i wasn't aware that there are friendshp boards on CL, only sex boards.
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 10:50 AM on Jul. 28, 2010

• what is CL?
    BambiF

Answer by BambiF at 12:55 PM on Jul. 28, 2010