Potty training regression?

I started potty training my 2 and half year old daughter a month ago it started off rocky but she got it within a week. NOW all of a sudden she's acting like she was never trained at all. I don't understand it, has anyone gone through the same thing? HELP

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:35 AM on Jul. 28, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My daughter kinda did that. She would pee in the potty and than she started peeing in her pull ups in the morning. So once she woke up I took the pull ups away and put her in underwear. If you are using pull ups you might try taking them away. Some kids see them as diapers and feel comfortable using the bathroom in them. That is what happen with my little one. So I took them away for good and she stopped.
    lil_Army_Wife05

Answer by lil_Army_Wife05 at 9:38 AM on Jul. 28, 2010

• My 3 year old has been regressing. We've been training him for a few months now and he was doing ok in daycare and not so much at home, but now he's doing just as bad in daycare. I swear I want to just break down and cry sometimes. I feel like he's never going to get the hang of it.
    thatgirl70

Answer by thatgirl70 at 9:41 AM on Jul. 28, 2010

• My boy is three... and he did this but just for a couple of days. It was so frustrating!! Then he just started back like he was... So idk if he just got lazy or what.... I finaly just took away the pull ups during the day.. Even when we go to town... And he's been staying dry.
    anabele

Answer by anabele at 9:42 AM on Jul. 28, 2010

• So glad to see I'm not the only one. My daughter is 2 1/2 as well, and did awesome a month ago and was so proud of herself. Then she progressively got more and more anti-potty! She screams her head off when I go to put her panties on and won't stop until she gets a diaper. Sooooo frustrating. It's like she's scared of it now
    crystalhuskey

Answer by crystalhuskey at 9:50 AM on Jul. 28, 2010

• Has anything changed in the home situation? Is there a new pet? A change in sleeping habits? New friends? Any type of change in environment could impact the potty training. Children need to be on a predictable schedule or they will 'act out' in areas where they have control - such as potty training. Have you tried rewarding her with stickers on a chart and after she fills up a chart she receives a treat? Often rewards at this age work well. Have you tried purchasing 'Princess' or character type designed undies for her? That may also work. This is a phase (often overused term when it comes to raising children). Do not punish her for any failures - that will send the wrong message. Is there a favorite aunt, grandma, or older sister that may be able to help out. If there is a big girl role model it may smooth the path for you.
    EvesMom731

Answer by EvesMom731 at 10:14 AM on Jul. 28, 2010

• My DD was trained at 2.5; in big girl panties and everything. Then we went on a big trip - overseas, 14+ hours of flight time, hotels. By the second hotel she was so exhausted and confused about the different places for the potty that she untrained. We just let it go for a couple more months. All the stress of worrying about her next accident didn't help, so we put her back in diapers. She was completely trained - day and night by her 3rd bday. I think she has had 3 accidents since then and she is 10.

Try not to stress over it. Go back to diapers and remind that babies wear diapers but don't offer the potty. Look for the signs of readiness: being dry for several hours at a time during the day while awake and staying dry through nap.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 10:19 AM on Jul. 28, 2010