Crib situation. I don't know what to do!!

My son is 15 months old and still in his crib. A couple weeks back I pulled the bumpers off because he kept climbing on it and loosening it up and I was afraid he would strangle himself in it or something. Now he keeps getting his arms and legs stuck between the bars! He woke up at 3:30 this morning screaming and I went in there to pick him up and he wouldn't budge because his foot was stuck and I didn't realize it. I felt soo bad! I don't know what to do. It's like a lose/lose situation. I truly don't think he is ready for a toddler bed at this time but I guess that beats worrying about things like this. What would you do?

Ctink8189

Asked by Ctink8189 at 9:54 AM on Jul. 28, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• If you stick with a crib, get a mesh crib LINER, not a breathable bumper. They go all they way up to the rail and truly keep arms and legs from going through the bars. Or you could do what we do: use a play yard with mesh sides.
    barefootbooks

Answer by barefootbooks at 2:48 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• I have the mesh bumper, it is the breathable bumper. I got it from walmart.com. It is skinny so it collapses when they stand on it. I kept in the crib until my kids were out of it.
    JamieLK

Answer by JamieLK at 10:02 AM on Jul. 28, 2010

• I know there's a mesh type bumper that you can put around the crib, that might help. I've also heard of people taking the bumper and interweaving it through the rails to keep that from happening.
    thatgirl70

Answer by thatgirl70 at 9:56 AM on Jul. 28, 2010

• The breathable bumper also attaches with velcro rather than strings.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 10:03 AM on Jul. 28, 2010

• So you can put the mesh bumper in the crib even if the rails are still up?
    Ctink8189

Comment by Ctink8189 (original poster) at 10:04 AM on Jul. 28, 2010

• you could just put him in a toddler bed...
    bestmommyeber

Answer by bestmommyeber at 10:09 AM on Jul. 28, 2010

• All the drop side cribs have been recalled. Googledrop side cribs to look it up.  Please be careful.  Im truly not trying to Mommy bash just could switch pages knowing you might not know about this.

ocielee

Answer by ocielee at 10:14 AM on Jul. 28, 2010

• Opps left out the word "not". I meant could not...
    ocielee

Answer by ocielee at 10:15 AM on Jul. 28, 2010

• No actually I wasn't aware that ALL drop side cribs were recalled!
    Ctink8189

Comment by Ctink8189 (original poster) at 10:21 AM on Jul. 28, 2010

• Actually just looked it up and his crib is not apart of the recall. He has the Graco- Sarah 4 in 1 crib
    Ctink8189

Comment by Ctink8189 (original poster) at 10:33 AM on Jul. 28, 2010