Any Moms on here dieticians? adult content

I would like help losing weight, specially in the mid section and also working my diet around preventing eczema and acne, I have it really bad, and so far topical remedies have not helped.

Thank you for any advice you may offer. If you'd like me to pay for your services and won't offer advice without cash upfront, then shame on you for not helping a person in need.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:06 AM on Jul. 28, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• if the eczema is only on your breasts, could you try handwashing the bras, or even try a bra made of organic cotton, and handwahsing it, maybe just use water only at first.
    if baby oil helps, you can do better with pure coconut oil, or grape seed oil, or jojoba oil...look for something at a healthfood store, and look for something with one ingredient.
    for the acne, it could be diet related. often sugar can contribute to acne. it could also be hormones. are you on the pill?
    any how, i would try to cut or eliminate sugar. i would also look for a good book on elimination diets.
    personally, i would just cut dairy for a month and see if you notice any changes!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 2:32 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• I am not a Dietitian, however, You need to look into Weight Watchers. They teach you to eat healthy filling foods and how to lose weigh the healthy and proper way. Loads of veggies and fruits and whole grains. They also teach you about getting essential oils and vitamins plus exercise. I learn a ton while doing it. I ate extremely healthy and also got to eat regular fattening foods at the same time. I lost 15lbs in 10 weeks even eating McDonald's and Chick-fil-a.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 10:14 AM on Jul. 28, 2010

• YOU only know your body and it's boundaries.

I'll just say this, stop sugar, but use splenda
    Use diet food for anything sweet
    Eat fruits
    Don't stop walking or get lazy with a car, use your muscles to get you places
    Walk up stairs
    Get containers of milk, use them filled with water for weights.
    One excercize for the abdomen area is lift the knee up to your elbow , repeat and lift/ lower, do 20 x's per knee lift each side
    Eat pasta it's the perfect fiber, and always use good tomatoe sauce nothing cheap.
    Ok that's a great start, anything else you need to know message me. !
    coffeeyum

Answer by coffeeyum at 10:20 AM on Jul. 28, 2010

• excema Q's aren't my specialty. . . . I just think that it's allergens in soaps wear gloves and use less detergent on hands.
    coffeeyum

Answer by coffeeyum at 11:07 AM on Jul. 28, 2010

• has the eczema been an issue your whole life?
    have you ever tried an elimination diet?
    it is very likely that the the eczema and acne are diet related.
    eczema could also be from something you come into contact with, like a soap, lotion or detergent. you may want to try an elimination of cleaners and beauty products too.
    Take some time to work out the skin issues, and then work on a weight loss diet.
    long walks outside are great!!!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 10:05 AM on Jul. 29, 2010

• The eczema I've just had in adulthood, like age 20. It's on my breasts and very embarrassing (even though I've been with Dh since I was 16). The acne I've had since I was 12. I'm in my early twenties and it's still just as bad. It went away when I was pregnant though, and that was nice.
    I went to the doctor for the eczema and he said it was caused by washing with hard water and told me to put baby oil and eucerin cream on it, and it's helped, but still bad. I've tried a million different acne programs and none have even helped, they make my skin look worse.

with an elimination diet, what do I eliminate? I've never heard of any foods causing skin problems, so I wouldn't know where to start which is why I was asking for a dietitians help.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:11 AM on Jul. 29, 2010

• Go to the wesite www.welovejuicepluce.com read the "Research" and watch a few of the videos by the doctors, this may be something very helpful for you. I shared this with a girl having acne problems and it help a great deal. You just never know.
    wellnessgirl

Answer by wellnessgirl at 6:09 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• I use a acne kit from burt bees they are all natrual and I looove it. I too have had bad acne all my life it has seem to clear up quit a bit in my 20's but I do still break out pretty bad at times unless I use bert bee's daily. This is what I use!!

http://www.burtsbees.com/product-line/natural-acne-solutions/natural-acne-solutions-4-product-regimen.html
    joni80

Answer by joni80 at 8:24 PM on Jul. 30, 2010