what exactly is an open marriage?

Call me stupid but I'v elways wondered what it entailed. thanks

ohio24fan

Asked by ohio24fan at 10:12 AM on Jul. 28, 2010 in Relationships

• it means that they are free to have sex with other people. the details depends on the individuals..... some do it seperately, some can only do it together (swingers situation), and usually they agree on rules.
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 10:14 AM on Jul. 28, 2010

• what she said! ^ :O)
    anabele

Answer by anabele at 10:15 AM on Jul. 28, 2010

• A bunch of BS if you ask me. It is a concept that was made up by someone who what's the paper but not the commitment.
    dragonlady44

Answer by dragonlady44 at 10:19 AM on Jul. 28, 2010

• Will be divorce couple in the future. It never works out.
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 10:22 AM on Jul. 28, 2010

• Well its stupid.. and pointless. If people wanna sleep around, then be single! DUH! =)
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 10:25 AM on Jul. 28, 2010

• Open marriage is a crock.....only for people with no morals who approve of adultery, plan on cheating on each other and even agree that they can commit adultery. Idiots,.
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 10:26 AM on Jul. 28, 2010

• I agree with all of the above!
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 10:28 AM on Jul. 28, 2010

• Many men cheat anyway. I like the idea of knowing what's going on instead of having someone surprise me by saying they are sleeping with my man. Open relationships can work and do for many of us.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:34 AM on Jul. 28, 2010

• An open marriage is one not defined by monogamy but is instead defined by a commitment by the spouses to each other as primary partners. Often swingers, non-monogamy partners, polyamory partners and those's who have one non-monogamous partner and the other one (the monogamous one) afraid to lose their partner who agrees under pressure are usually involved in open marriages.

isabellalecour

Answer by isabellalecour at 10:41 AM on Jul. 28, 2010

• To me they seem like ticking time bombs.
    yezay

Answer by yezay at 10:47 AM on Jul. 28, 2010