Done with formula?

My son is going to be 1 at the end of the month does he need to be completely off of formula by then? When is it ok to start reg. milk? Iam goin to talk to his DR bout all this i was just curious cause thats not fora few more weeks.

BabyGsMaMa13

Asked by BabyGsMaMa13 at 3:42 AM on Oct. 3, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

Level 1 (-3 Credits)
  • All of my kids were off the bottle and formula by a year old. My doc told me that I could start milk at 1. I did not have any problems getting any of the kids off of formula!
    LaBoucane

Answer by LaBoucane at 3:44 AM on Oct. 3, 2008

• Formula won't hurt a 1 yr old. You can put him on milk and phase out the formula as fast or as slow as you want. Use your own best judgement, you know your child, trust yourself! :)
    shmorris56

Answer by shmorris56 at 3:54 AM on Oct. 3, 2008

• My oldest was on milk by 1, I started her on it around 9 months. My second was on formula until about 14 months. Milk did not agree with her for a while, I had to ease it in.
    vsrillo

Answer by vsrillo at 11:45 AM on Oct. 3, 2008

• My son is turning 1 at the end of the month also, but his 1 year checkup isn't until the 1st week of Nov. I'm going to wait and talk to the doc first. But I am excited to get him off of formula. It's so expensive! I do give him milk with meals already though, so he can aquire a taste for it. He likes it.
    FertMert

Answer by FertMert at 11:55 AM on Oct. 3, 2008