WHat SPF???

I normally use 50 in Illinois but we are going to the Dominican Republic (on the equator)...is 50 still good enough or should I up to 75?

Jademom07

Asked by Jademom07 at 10:22 AM on Jul. 28, 2010 in Health

• It would depend on your skin. I need extra spf and I usually use around a 50, however, my husband is not as sensitive to the sun and uses about a 25. However, I would probably take the 75 spf to be on the safe side.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 10:24 AM on Jul. 28, 2010

• After 30...they really are all the same. You need to reapply it often enough anyway. SPF stands for Sun. Protection. Factor. and 30 supposedly keeps you protected for 30 hours in the sun. LOL But, you need to reapply anyway, so, it's all null anyway.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 10:39 AM on Jul. 28, 2010

• big hats are your friend. besides sunscreen use large hats and cover-up when not in the water. spf only goes so far
    chris13

Answer by chris13 at 2:09 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• Actually SPF 30 will only extend the time in the sun 300 minutes beyond when you would normally turn red without it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:48 AM on Jul. 28, 2010