Do you buy fruit?

Do you buy any kind of fruit for your children?
If you don't could you please tell us why you don't?
I will say the price of fruit is high and getting higher...But we still buy it!

lil_Army_Wife05

Asked by lil_Army_Wife05 at 10:57 AM on Jul. 28, 2010 in Kids' Health

• Uh..the price of everything is getting higher.. & yes, I buy fresh fruit everytime I go to the store.
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 10:58 AM on Jul. 28, 2010

• I buy fresh fruit almost daily. I would buy it unless it was so high priced I just couldn't. I'll buy fruit before meat any day!
    Katt709

Answer by Katt709 at 10:59 AM on Jul. 28, 2010

• Yes,

I go to walmart, or fruit markets, what ever is on sale that is the fruits of the week... :)
    KFree907

Answer by KFree907 at 10:59 AM on Jul. 28, 2010

• yes, my son loves apples and grapes
    kassee

Answer by kassee at 10:59 AM on Jul. 28, 2010

• yes,right now its blueberries,strawberries,and bananas. i don't care about the cost,they're a neccesity.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 10:59 AM on Jul. 28, 2010

• You have to buy stuff that's in season to get the best price. Right now berries are in season so my kids are loaded up on straw, blue and black berries. Also try buying from farmers' markets and local farmers rather than the grocery store because they usually only sell whats in season and for great prices. When buying fruit, it's all about staying in season for the best price...and taste! If something is out of season and you gotta have it, wait til a sell on it canned and buy it that way.
    keisha613

Answer by keisha613 at 11:00 AM on Jul. 28, 2010

• I do by a lot of fresh fruit. Usually it's the one on sale. I shop at Caputo's,Walmart or Aldi if the fruit looks good. Caputo's is my first choice. With the prices going up up up it's really hard to eat healthy and try to loose weight when your trying to keep your head above water and feed,cloth a family of 4.
    Koronk1

Answer by Koronk1 at 11:02 AM on Jul. 28, 2010

• Of course! bananas, peaches and blueberries mostly :)
    BambiF

Answer by BambiF at 11:03 AM on Jul. 28, 2010

• I buy everything that he's able to eat at 10 months. He eats lots of fresh fruit and veggies. He's currently eating a banana. :)
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 11:03 AM on Jul. 28, 2010

• Tons. Right now, mostly berries and peaches. In the fall, mostly apples and pears. In the winter, citrus, and more apples and pears. Oh, and bananas year-round.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 11:20 AM on Jul. 28, 2010