Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

4 Bumps

child support inforcement

does anyone know what they will do to the father that dont pay? He lost his job due to stealing money from them so now he has no job....on the georgia website it says they will take his license but he dont even have any b/c of a DUI so will they do somehting else to make him get a job and pay

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 11:01 AM on Jul. 28, 2010 in General Parenting

Answers (8)
  • I really don't know..My son's BIO owes 45,000 in back CS. He signed a paper saying if he doesn't start making payments than he will go to jail...Well he hasn't made no payments in a year and he has never gone to jail! The case is still open but nothing is being done!
    all I can say is good luck to you!!

    Answer by lil_Army_Wife05 at 11:06 AM on Jul. 28, 2010

  • he still has to pay even if he doesnt have a job and i know here in florida they can put u in jail if u dont pay

    Answer by shannonsmom555 at 11:07 AM on Jul. 28, 2010

  • evenutally they can got to jail, but they have to owe lots of money 1st.

    Answer by happy-go-lucky at 11:09 AM on Jul. 28, 2010

  • they will evenutally put a warrant out for his arrest. if you can find out if he has a warrant, and you know where he's at, call the police and tell them you know where a person is who has a warrant for their arrest. other than that, they will not go LOOKING for him. my friend's ex has not paid child support in years (her son is almost 5) and they don't do anything b/c he never shows up for court .. he has a warrant out for his arrest, but they won't go look for him.

    Answer by NOLAmommaKRYS at 11:13 AM on Jul. 28, 2010

  • They can drag him to court, and throw him in jail..but in jail you don't get money either. So really, you are screwed unless he can get another job. Not being mean, just speaking from experience. I just raised my 3 without support. His tab is running, but you can't get blood from a stone. Good luck.

    Answer by salexander at 12:47 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

  • In the end there is nothing you can do.. Want him to go to jail? Well that still leaves you without money. Try being nice and encouraging.. It goes further than the baby mama drama.

    Answer by MKSers at 1:42 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

  • i know in ohio they toss em in jail and they make him work his debt off. he stays put till all the fines are done! it happened to someone i know. i wouldn't call him a friend.

    Answer by noel1978 at 8:10 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

  • they probably won't do anything until he gets a certain amount behind. My ex's got pretty far behind until they did anything about it. Then really all they did was make him go to court and explain why he didn't pay. Finally after several years and 11,000 behind, he has a warrant out but nothing is happening because he's in a different state and somehow keeps from messing up to where someone would see he has a warrant

    Answer by heatherann0221 at 11:17 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.