Water intake for a 10 month old.

Moms, If you can remember. How many ounces of water was your 10month old drinking daily?
Thanks in advance.

Brittany0602

Asked by Brittany0602 at 11:14 AM on Jul. 28, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• ;)
    shannonsmom555

Answer by shannonsmom555 at 11:16 AM on Jul. 28, 2010

• mine didn't drink water at 10 months, just formula and food.
    DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 11:17 AM on Jul. 28, 2010

• no water..lots of formula and some food.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 11:19 AM on Jul. 28, 2010

• they don't need any. Formula or breastmilk gives them enough fluids.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 11:22 AM on Jul. 28, 2010

• None. They just need formula (or Breastmilk) and pureed food. Solid if they're eating solid foods.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 11:34 AM on Jul. 28, 2010

• Thanks so much ladies! My doctor told me to start giving him sips of water and he won't take it. I give him plenty of formula (stopped breastfeeding at 7 months) and of course he get's his meals. I just got paranoid because when my SIL came to visit she said something about how his urine had a strong oder. I didn't know if It had something to do with the fact that he does not drink water. HIs urine smells like urine to me, I don't think it has a strong oder. This makes me feel a lot better! :) I guess sometimes I just need to trust my gut and realize that I'm doing things right.
    Brittany0602

Comment by Brittany0602 (original poster) at 11:34 AM on Jul. 28, 2010

• My daughter is 11 months and I only offer water after solid food meals and that is lunch and dinner for her. She uses a straw cup and maybe drinks 2 or 3 ounces total and I'm probably over guessing. Once she hits a year old and starts to nurse less frequently, I will offer water more often. I read in Toddler 411 that they need 4 cups of water as toddlers and if you can actually get them to drink 4 cups of water a day to write to them so they can send you an award. LOL.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 11:46 AM on Jul. 28, 2010

• by 10 months both of my kids were getting only water between meals. It never amounted to more than 4 oz or so all day long though.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 12:25 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• Babies that eat regular food are supposed to have water with their meals if they need to drink to help swallow. Babies that are over 6 mo may need water if they live in the desert or if they ride around in hot cars a lot. If your baby has less urine, it's darker yellow, and it smells more your baby may need water. In Indiana my babies never needed water. Now I live in the desert in Tucson and babies need it here.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 2:04 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• they were drinking flavored water, not koolaid! but the vitamin water. they have it forms for babies now. i saw them at walmart.
    noel1978

Answer by noel1978 at 7:32 PM on Jul. 28, 2010