What do you ladies think of this?

Okay, my husband owns a website and has volunteers working with him and running it with him. One of them is an 18 year old girl, just started college. She is very nice. I really have no problems with her except this...she is constantly calling and texting my husband about things unrelated to the website. My husband does not reply...he does not have any interest in her. She has a boyfriend, who is also very nice and helps on the website as well. My thing is...I feel like she is disrespecting me as his wife by texting him about unrelated things...for instance, OMG, my test was so hard. I think this should be for her boyfriend. I want to say something to her but do not want to upset her...we need her for the website. What would you do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:02 AM on Oct. 3, 2008 in Relationships

• I think you should talk to your husband, tell him how you feel and ask him to say something gently to her. That way, you aren't being the bad guy. Make sure you tell him to be very nice to her, young women can be very fragile. :)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:09 AM on Oct. 3, 2008

• He is not answering her text messages? I wonder why she keeps writing him messages when he does not respond to her.
    LaBoucane

Answer by LaBoucane at 4:27 AM on Oct. 3, 2008

• Lol, nope, he is not awnsering her messages...anything unrelated to the website...stuff related to the website and her "job" on the site....yes he is awnsering them...unrelated nope. Which is why I feel disrespected...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:33 AM on Oct. 3, 2008

• I would feel the same way as well. I dont mean to sound mean, but do you know if she has a father figure around?
    LaBoucane

Answer by LaBoucane at 4:36 AM on Oct. 3, 2008

• Hmm, not sure, let me ask my hubby right now...lol...he doesn't know...he says he doesn't talk to her about that stuff. I feel like she's disrespecting me, could be a father figure thing too....I dont know.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:40 AM on Oct. 3, 2008

• I may be that or she may not be able to talk to her boyfriend about some things (or he does not care) and she is searching for someone to talk to. Why she choose your husband, I have no idea! On the bright side, it sounds like she looks up to him! I would tell her that her boyfriend might be upset with her texting your husband and she may want to stop before he thinks anything! I dont know what else to do!
    LaBoucane

Answer by LaBoucane at 4:51 AM on Oct. 3, 2008

• This is what I would do. Next time she sends him some random message I would reply saying something like "Sorry is busy spending time with his family, is this really important?" and sign off with your name or as "his wife". Men don't always understand what's wrong in situations like that and obviously your hubby isn't bothered by it, or he would have said something by now... But that's just what I think.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:54 AM on Oct. 3, 2008

• Very good idea anonymous! I wish that I would have thought of that one!
    LaBoucane

Answer by LaBoucane at 5:03 AM on Oct. 3, 2008

• Next time she texts pick up his phone and let her know it is you and start up a convo. Sounds like she is just wanting someone to talk to. You maybe could become friends. She prob. just wants someone to listen to her. But if that didn't work and she kept texting my dh I would just flat out tell her you know she is young but it is inappropriate to call or text your dh unless it is work related. She honestly may not know she is hurting you or overstepping bounds. Hope this helps.
    lovinmomto3

Answer by lovinmomto3 at 6:58 AM on Oct. 3, 2008

• First of all you don't need her for the website, Im sure you can find someone else to help out. I would have your husband tell her flat out that she is not to call or text him unless it is related to work.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 7:35 AM on Oct. 3, 2008