I want a divorce...

But I dont want money,child support.I want NOTHING.I just dont love him. HOW can I get people to understand this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:20 AM on Jul. 28, 2010 in Relationships

• No one is going to understand you. I went through this in Aug. I didn't want money from him and he didn't want money from me. It did change due to the courts but, no one will understand why you are thinking the way you are. No one needs to be in your business anyway, they don't need to know if you want money or not. You want a divorce for a valid reason in my opinion.
    Michele068

Answer by Michele068 at 12:16 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• Well if you are going to have the children..it is his right as a father to financially support his kids..
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 11:21 AM on Jul. 28, 2010

• Also, if he wants to be a good dad regardless of whether or not you're with him he will want to pay child support and see them...
    FatGirl239

Answer by FatGirl239 at 11:22 AM on Jul. 28, 2010

• If you want a divorce it doesn't matter what anyone else thinks or understands. You are the one in a marriage that you don't want to be in and it shouldn't matter what anyone else thinks...

If your husband is willing not to pay child support, then you have that option not to accept the money...when he has his visitation, he can take care of the kid(s) himself...
    mom2mybabes

Answer by mom2mybabes at 11:29 AM on Jul. 28, 2010

• Get a divorce and let the father be their for his kids if he don't want to then you have a right to move on and not collect a penny just move on with your life.

If he is a good dad and wants part of the kids life then divorce him but don't be selfish and hurt your kids, if you don't want the money put it into savings for your kids. That is there father, just because you want a divorce does not give you the right to take the kids away from there dad. You can have a mediator pick up the kids and drop off the kids or if they are older enough they can meet him outside and he can drop them off and watch them go in...

KFree907

Answer by KFree907 at 11:30 AM on Jul. 28, 2010

• Pretty much.. my opinion.. it's doesn't matter what other people understand.. As long as your happy and the kids are happy.. that's all that matters.. No need to go out of your way to try to make anyone understand why you want things the way you want them.. they may never understand til as my grandpa use to say " They walk a mile in your shoes"... Who cares what others think and say.. It's really no ones business! ;)
    BobbieJo286

Answer by BobbieJo286 at 11:30 AM on Jul. 28, 2010

• It doesn't matter what anyone else things. I feel the same way that you do. If I were to get divorced I wouldn't want anything from him. Not even child support or Alamony. It isn't his right to pay child support, it is only that case if the mother needs it to support her kids. It is only his right if that's the situation that he is given. I don't feel that a man should be forced to pay if that's not what the gaurdian/other parent wants.

If I divorce my husband (No plans to) I would let him have his money and I would get work and make my own. I don't see the point in going through all the legalities and drag each other through the mud. Not even if I despised him, it just doesn't make any sense to me to ruin each other's life.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 11:32 AM on Jul. 28, 2010

• Well you go to court and explain that to a judge. But depending on circ you might not get the children he might. It all depends on your ability to care for your children. So you don't know if you would even get anything from him.
    Claudiomom

Answer by Claudiomom at 11:33 AM on Jul. 28, 2010

• Well its up to u on what u want to do. U need to talk to a lawyer and see what your options are.
    blumiaka80

Answer by blumiaka80 at 11:35 AM on Jul. 28, 2010