please help! im kinda freaking out..o

My 4 yr old dd has a swollen labia. It's red, puffy, and there's a purple area...um really breaking out. I called the on call nurse at the children's hospital last night and she gave me some advice, she seems to thinly it was a bug bite, which it could be...the night before last she woke up wet took het clothes off and slept naked, I didnt know until the morning, nut she wasn't complaining about anything. We went to the park yesterday, she wore a dress and undies. She was running funny towards the end of the day, but she s a funny girl so I didn't think anything of it, till her shower last night. We've got am appt at 3:45 today, but instill freaking out...my poor baby!

addynbellasmom

Asked by addynbellasmom at 11:22 AM on Jul. 28, 2010 in Kids' Health

• Oh dang.. I wouldn't know what to think.. I would just wait and see what the dr says.
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 11:23 AM on Jul. 28, 2010

• allergic reaction to soap/bubblebath. irritation from touching herself. yeast infection from either of these. heat rash

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 11:24 AM on Jul. 28, 2010

• Sounds like maybe it became chapped and then maybe a bit infected, glad you are taking her to the dr. a bad infection will take antibiotics to get int all cleared up, I am sure they will recommend some good ointment as well.It will be o.k., but I understand being nervous about it, but it will be fine
    2ndtimearound4

Answer by 2ndtimearound4 at 11:25 AM on Jul. 28, 2010

• You have an appt. today, stop worrying. It could be a bug bite, she could've scratched herself and it got irritated and formed a cyst—it's probably NOTHING to worry about.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 11:26 AM on Jul. 28, 2010

• Ok, thanks ladies. I think the purple area is whats freaking me out the most, worried about some terrible infection..
    addynbellasmom

Comment by addynbellasmom (original poster) at 11:29 AM on Jul. 28, 2010

• Ouch! Glad she has an appointment! Stop worrying and just make sure she's comfortable and it isn't bothering her. Good luck mama!
    trebelcleff

Answer by trebelcleff at 11:32 AM on Jul. 28, 2010

• poor honey :( glad you are taking her in to the doc today!!
    kyriesmommy13

Answer by kyriesmommy13 at 11:33 AM on Jul. 28, 2010

• I hope she's ok. It sounds like it could be a bug bite, I get really alergic from mosquito bites and they get really swollen for me, but not sure if that's the case. Once you take her to the dr you'll have an answer so calm down. Give us an update to let us know what happened and how she's doing. Good Luck!
    sheli2007

Answer by sheli2007 at 4:18 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• Ok thanks ladies....we have been at the hospital since 11 am yesterday....she has a staph infection!!!! I'm glad my motherly instincts popped up and I didn't wait till the doctor appointment!!
    addynbellasmom

Comment by addynbellasmom (original poster) at 9:04 AM on Jul. 29, 2010

• glad you got her taken care of, and trusted your mommy instincts! poor sweetie. i hope she's all better by now!!
    kyriesmommy13

Answer by kyriesmommy13 at 10:44 PM on Aug. 13, 2010