Is it okay to feed? adult content

My 3 year old has diarrhea and I have already been doing toast and Gatorade and am making some Jello and banana bread right now- what I am wondering is if I make some potato soup (homemade- and only use dry milk powder- not liquid milk) would that settle her tummy? Would it be okay for her to eat since she has diarrhea? Thanks!

hotrodmomma

Asked by hotrodmomma at 11:28 AM on Jul. 28, 2010 in Kids' Health

• I'd stick with the BRAT diet
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 11:29 AM on Jul. 28, 2010

• Dry milk powder is nutritionally just dehydrated milk. If you're trying to avoid milk, then no, it's still milk. The potatoes shouldn't be a problem, though.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 11:30 AM on Jul. 28, 2010

• I agree, brat diet and pedialite if it continues..Food can be tricky when dealing with tummy issues.
    2ndtimearound4

Answer by 2ndtimearound4 at 11:31 AM on Jul. 28, 2010

• Not sure if it would settle her tummy, but you do want to keep her from getting dehydrated.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 11:32 AM on Jul. 28, 2010

• Stick with the BRAT diet. Bananas, rice water, apple sauce, and toast. Good luck!
    chupachyps

Answer by chupachyps at 11:37 AM on Jul. 28, 2010

• Carrot soup would be better. You can give her blackberry juice for it. An old Dutch remedy is to add 1/8 teaspoon of cinnamon to a cup of warmed milk. Raspberry leaf tea is good too.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 8:59 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• Gatorade has too much sugar! Don't give this to a child with diahea. Stick with water, chamomile tea, papaya enzyme, No dairy

Answer by rkoloms at 10:22 AM on Jul. 31, 2010