Have Bed Bugs?

NEW YORK – Bedbugs are spreading at an unprecedented rate in New York City, and officials on Wednesday announced the start of a plan to battle the infestation, including a public awareness campaign and a top entomologist to head the fight.

The bloodsucking pests, which do not spread disease but are known to cause great mental anguish with their persistent and fast-growing infestations, have rapidly multiplied throughout New York and many other U.S. cities in recent years.

Health officials and pest control specialists nationwide report surges in sightings, bites and complaints. In New York City, the pests — whose bites leave itchy red welts — have been discovered in theaters, clothing stores, office buildings, housing projects and posh apartments.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100728/ap_on_re_us/us_nyc_bedbugs

sweet-a-kins

Asked by sweet-a-kins at 11:33 AM on Jul. 28, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• I've had them a little vinegar or bleach kills them quick.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 3:14 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• I...don't...think...so
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 11:37 AM on Jul. 28, 2010

• Omg, we've never had them :knock on wood:, and I hope to God we never do!
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 11:59 AM on Jul. 28, 2010

• I don't have bed bugs...I would freak if I did...gross! Great one more thing to worry about spreading around! I saw a hand held shark steamer that is supposed to kill them...maybe I should buy one just in case!
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 11:35 AM on Jul. 28, 2010

• Ok, so I just googled this...D-SGUS-TING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am getting that double sided tape and laying a trap for them like the website suggests just to make sure I don't have them lol.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 11:48 AM on Jul. 28, 2010

• We had them when I was pregnant with my DD and my son got covered in little red spots that looked like chicken pox. We even took him to the dr and they diagnosed him with chicken pox! Then a few days later I went to make his bed and saw little red spots all over his bed and on closer inspection I found that they were moving. They were literally the size of a pen tip!!! I switched dr's of course but it took us months of vaccuming and spraying his bed everyday for them to go away. Then we got them in our bed and nothing worked so we had to throw it out. They are almost impossible to get rid of and leave horrible bites that itch like crazy. Very gross and if we ever get them again I will throw out my furniture and sleep on the floor before going through all that again.
    jnsdrf

Answer by jnsdrf at 12:12 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• Sightings? LOL You can barely see a bedbug without a microscope. Maybe New York Needs to clean up!
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 12:18 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• We had to stay in a hotel for a week so our bathroom could get the floor ripped out

I was SCOURING the bed !! lol

Just so ICKY!

sweet-a-kins

Comment by sweet-a-kins (original poster) at 11:42 AM on Jul. 28, 2010

• we have them and live in an apartment building. they are damn near impossible to get rid of! especially when neighbors are doing nothing about the situation. our poor dd is covered in big red bug bites. luckily they dont itch like most bug bites or she would be completely miserable.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 11:57 AM on Jul. 28, 2010

• Are they racist bed bugs?

Really was that a stab at sweet? Like wtf does that have to do with any thing?
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 10:37 PM on Jul. 28, 2010