Am i wrong?

I recently 'broke up' with my friend. She has been distant and has done trivial things to me such as blocked me from her F.B. lied to me about a guy, who honestly i wouldn't have cared wether she was with him or not, she instead of telling me they were together said he was stalking her and broke into her house and car a few times, i didnt ask she just would call me and be like "so and so broke into my room and stole my phone..." i've asked her about why she is doing this and she saidd she isnt lying and im not blocked from her F.B, which honestly i only care about because she lied to me about it, to my face. She has been a friend for years,a nd i just feel she is becoming someone who i cannot have in my life, what do you think because even though ive done it and will not reverse it, i feel bad. Not only for her losing a good friend (which i considered myself to be) but me losing my 'last friend.

smilelovesmile

Asked by smilelovesmile at 11:41 AM on Jul. 28, 2010 in Relationships

• I think the best thing to do is just sever ties with her completely. It can be VERY draining having people like this in your life, as you have found out. Get out and make some new friends by joining some kind of club or activity and you will be happy you left this friend behind. Good luck!

shanlaree

Answer by shanlaree at 11:44 AM on Jul. 28, 2010

• More friends will come into your life. She was NOT a friend."Define friend" She sounds like she would cause too much bad energy in your life, stay away and have peace.
    2ndtimearound4

Answer by 2ndtimearound4 at 11:46 AM on Jul. 28, 2010

• What do you mean last friend?
    jenae_gist

Answer by jenae_gist at 11:46 AM on Jul. 28, 2010

• I had to "break up" with my friend in March. She was not supportive in anything that I do and whatever decisions that I made... Yet, she would always want me to be there for her and stick by her side no matter what, with nothing in return, I supported her in whatever bad choices she made. I couldn't deal with all her lying anymore and all her talking bad about everything and everyone that I liked and making me feel like a bad person... So finally when she made me realize what kind of friend she was, she deleted me from her FB and stopped calling me and texting me. I could care less. She made her decision and she wants to be childish... It's FB, not the end of the world for me. I don't think that you are wrong.. I think that you did the right thing. You really need positive people in your life... Not people like that. Good luck to you.
    Michele068

Answer by Michele068 at 11:46 AM on Jul. 28, 2010

• Exactly, what do you mean by "last friend"

I was break it off with her, she sounds like a drama queen. Who needs friends like that, who lie a lot.
    PoisonousBlonde

Answer by PoisonousBlonde at 11:49 AM on Jul. 28, 2010

• Losing a friend is hard. People do grow apart. Sometimes we just go in seperate directions in life. It sounds like it is for the best. There is no need to keep toxic people in your lives. Negativity only breeds more negativity.
    countryspun

Answer by countryspun at 11:56 AM on Jul. 28, 2010

• She is not gonna be your last friend if she is doing all of that then who knows what else she was doing or saying about u it might be hard but like you said your a great friend to have i bet you'll find a female that is cool just give yourself time and dont worry u got all of us in here u got me too ( look me up) I have been in your situation and trust u sound great just give it time
    cnoble927

Answer by cnoble927 at 12:23 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• I'm in close to the same situation.. IDK it's very hard, it's like a diffferent story is being tols to each person.. If i could help you i would but idk even know what to do myself..
    Mandy211

Answer by Mandy211 at 2:06 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• well she had been datin my Fiance's cousin, she cheated on him, which is why she blocked me from her FB, when i found out i told him, and confronted her, she denyed it while i showed her proof and he took her back, im done with her. By last friend i mean i had very few friends in highschool, because i had so many siblings i never needed alot of friends because the siblings and my mother were always there for me, one of my friends is now a drug addict and i had to cut her out of my life, and her sister supports her in it and she was another friend who i cut out, now this girl who is great other than her more recent (last 5-6 months) of lying to my face about thing i could care less about i just want the truth! I guess i SUCK at picking friends! but it seems like where i live at i don't have the biggest or best options to meet people who can ahndle real life without drama and lies
    smilelovesmile

Comment by smilelovesmile (original poster) at 7:49 AM on Jul. 29, 2010