how to relief red eyes.. well i wear contacts all day and night. never had a problem until this morning.

I woke up with blood shot eyes. I took my contacts off, but now I can't see anything enless its about a foot away. I know I need to get some glasses for my eyes to rest. And leaving contacts day and night is no bueno. But does anyone have any tips.

mellyhayes

Asked by mellyhayes at 11:45 AM on Jul. 28, 2010 in Health

• There is visine for contacts, it is great!

Answer by older at 11:48 AM on Jul. 28, 2010

• Visine. LOL Yep. I have horrible allergies in my eyes. Visine is awesome.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 11:49 AM on Jul. 28, 2010

• Contact (no pun intended) your eye doctor asap. My dd wore her contacts 24/7 and ended up getting a nasty infection of the eyes that looked like just bloodshot eyes. She had to use medicated eye drops and wear her glasses until it cleared up.

Joeygoat

Answer by Joeygoat at 11:49 AM on Jul. 28, 2010

• If they start to hurt, or feel heavy/full... you need to see a dr asap. I wear mine 24/7 ( for months at a time) and have ended up with a scratched (and infected) cornea once or twice (can't learn my lesson). Ouch!! Another symptom is extreme sensitivity to light. Uhm... for now, put some cold (soaked) tea bags on your eyes to reduce the swelling (always works for me) and the Visine could help too. Rest your eyes as much as possible for now, let your contacts soak for a few hours (make sure they are good and clean)... and you'll be OK.
    MunchiesMom324

Answer by MunchiesMom324 at 11:57 AM on Jul. 28, 2010

• Like Joeygoat said, talk to your eye doctor. A friend of mine had what she thought was pink eye, but is was actually a more serious type of infection. Her eyes just looked bloodshot. Her regular doctor gave her drops for pinkeye and that didn't help. That's when she finally went to the eye doctor and he gave her some different drops and told her to wear only her glasses for three weeks.
    anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 11:57 AM on Jul. 28, 2010

• See your eye dr and keep the contacts out. Could be an infection or could be your eyes are swollen.
    tazdvl

Answer by tazdvl at 11:57 AM on Jul. 28, 2010