Question for Facebookers!

Does it really irritate you when people you went to school with ask to be your friends even though when you were in school with them they never said a word to you, or were rude/stuck up? I CONSTANTLY get invites from people and they'll say, "Oh, we went to school together." I just want to tell them, "Did you even know my name before you came across my profile? You didn't like me in school, why would you want to know about my life now?"

LOL does that irk anyone else, or am I the weird one? LOL

FatGirl239

Asked by FatGirl239 at 12:00 PM on Jul. 28, 2010 in Entertainment

• I've had it happen a few times. I got friend invites from two chicks who were just horrible mean to me in high school... I mean just terrible "Mean Girls" type of thing. When I got their requests, I sent them a message telling them exactly how I feel about them.
    anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 12:07 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• I ignore request from those people. I enjoy facebook! I also try to remember that I was in high school 25 yrs ago and we all have grown and matured since then...adulthood..the great equalizer!
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 12:03 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• I know a lot of people who I went to school with back when have grown up A LOT now so maybe they are trying to be friends and/or apologize- I have had a TON of apologies since meeting back up with people I use to go to school with. And the ones who haven't grown up have never friended me.... oh well- their loss!
    hotrodmomma

Answer by hotrodmomma at 12:04 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• i have to agree, it's annoying as hell and it can become a "popularity" contest again like in high school and personally i'm too old and have too much going on for da games. oohhh i just thought about something. how about those who want to request you as a friend but doesn't comment on your status or answer back when you comment on their status. i hate that crap. hell i should think about deleting some ppl myself, lol
    MommaSyrup07

Answer by MommaSyrup07 at 12:07 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• LOL....yep.
    momjoy1027

Answer by momjoy1027 at 12:02 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• it doesn't irk me..i figure its more of their insecurity showing..some things never graduate high school, y'know? you can always set your profile to private, and your name won't come up. i think.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 12:02 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• HAHA - I had someone request to be my friend at least 15 times a day - no joke. I would deny her every single time. Finally after a week of this nonsense, I sent her a msg and asked her to please stop sending me friend requests b/c I did not know who she was. She swore she went to school with me and she said she didn't understand why we couldn't be friends. I was like seriously, I don't know you. She mentioned a group of people that I HATED in high school and said she remembered me from them ... I knew then she was lieing and just trying to get info for my ex and his wife (b/c they are friends with that group of people). I finally just blocked her and reported her for unwanted/excessive friend requests.
    NOLAmommaKRYS

Answer by NOLAmommaKRYS at 12:04 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• And that is exactly why I hate FB and don't use it.
    beckie66

Answer by beckie66 at 12:01 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• Well I'm only 22, so haven't been out of high school very long.. and they are the same people that you'll see at the grocery store and completely act like they didn't see you.. LOL It is kind of funny, but at the same time it just irritates me, it makes me think, "why would you even waste my time.." LOL
    FatGirl239

Comment by FatGirl239 (original poster) at 12:05 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• Sure it can be irritating but think from there side and there age. As we all get old we feel like we did something wrong when we are young. So we all feel for that. May be they also did the same thing. You need to be very understanding and forgiving in your life you climb a ladder when you do it everytime. And also you will feel good and produ of yourselves when you do it. let's see what life gives us. and what are we going to take when we leave the world. Nothing.....................
    Maru10

Answer by Maru10 at 12:06 PM on Jul. 28, 2010