Glenn Beck is about to get somebody killed??? - Thoughts on article...

http://theweek.com/article/index/205446/glenn-beck-is-about-to-get-somebody-killed

Glenn Beck is dangerous, says Media Matters' Eric Boehlert in the Huffington Post. Since 2009, the Fox News host has used his bully pulpit to "scare the hell out of people" about a "nefarious cabal" of progressive organizations supposedly "determined to destroy democracy in America."

__________

Puh-lease, a little extreme don't you think? He's an entertainer; an ex-morning radio DJ; not a world leader; or politician; qualified journalist; philosopher whatever et al...
Look disturbed people commit disturbing acts; they don't need a self proclaimed "rodeo clown" to tell them to do so. No more than disturbed teens needed some heavy metal band to tell them to shoot their parents 30 some-odd ys ago...crazy is just that folks; crazy...

What do you think?

beachmamaof2

Asked by beachmamaof2 at 12:01 PM on Jul. 28, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• I think Glenn Beck is a good author of fiction and quite possibly bi-polar.
    Youngwifey2

Answer by Youngwifey2 at 12:09 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• I think he is out of control, more so than usual . I heard he has got some sort of disease where he will eventually become blind, his state of mind is not at it's best right now, (not that it ever was)!

Answer by older at 12:10 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• Yes, Glenn Beck is a clown, possibly bi-polar....definitely paranoid and crude, but I don't know if he is really that harmless. There are a lot of loony people out there who gobble up that kind of fake-journalism and hate speeches....I worry about how the far-right seems to have gone off the rails.
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 12:12 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• Older--I heard that too and immediately heard the nuns "if you don't stop touching yourself..." LOL

If he does have a disorder/disease that causes blindness, that is horrible and could have a pronounced effect on behavior--the anticipation of not seeing would drive me mad.
    Youngwifey2

Answer by Youngwifey2 at 12:13 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• Of course it's over the top and I'm sure Soros (who has admitted he is doing everything he can to ruin Beck)or his minions will continue to use things like this to do just that. Personally, Though Beck is emotionally charged and eye opening in what he does I think he must be the bravest man on earth. While the libs bash conservatives without shame, Beck tells it like it is, with facts to boot. Something Libs know little of. Those who shun his information are truly missing the facts of life in the US. The dirty facts of what goes on while your head is stuck in the mud. If it wasn't true they wouldn't be so upset about it.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 12:14 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• I personally think he's a joke; but that's sort of my point.

If you take what he says so seriously that you shoot someone or attack or plan to attack something then it's not really him; it's you. Anything else could have also set your crazy ass on the same path.

As a whole we just can not accept responsibility for henious things. There must be a "reason" that person isn't 'normal' oh yes it's Beck's fault; or it's Black Sabbath's fault; or it's IDK the name video games fault...

It's never just - "wow that was one crazy SOB" - it's apparently no longer PC to admit some people are just not right in the head...
    beachmamaof2

Comment by beachmamaof2 (original poster) at 12:15 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• f it wasn't true they wouldn't be so upset about it.

Steph--wouldn't you be upset if CM members posted nothing but lies about you? By your logic, if he says it, it is true! This is as illogical as you can get and exactly why he is dangerous.

Oh, and his "facts" are often spliced 1/2 sentences he pieces together to get soundbytes that "prove" his delusions.

(Minion #1 has made an appearance--the rest will be soon to follow). I'm out of here!
    Youngwifey2

Answer by Youngwifey2 at 12:19 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• He is scaring people, and a few days on here and you will know that people think he preaches the gospel truth....

He wasn't always this way.....I don't know if he snapped or is just doing it for the $$

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 12:21 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• Though Beck is emotionally charged and eye opening in what he does I think he must be the bravest man on earth. While the libs bash conservatives without shame, Beck tells it like it is, with facts

see, not entertainment to some....BRAVEST MAN ON EARTH???? WOW

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 12:22 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• He has vitelliform mucular dystrophy. This form of macular dystrophy can lead to vision lost. Glen Becks own words stated that he MAY go blind or he MAY NOT! It just really depends on the progression of the disease.
    *******
    I admit a lot of the time he's over the top in the way he carries on, but for his critics to go as far as to say that he's going to "kill" some one is a little much!
    SAHMinIL2

Answer by SAHMinIL2 at 12:25 PM on Jul. 28, 2010