If my hubby and I have our medical cannabis cards and our grandchild gets taken up by CPS, will we be considered for placement??? adult content

My bonus daughter and her hubby have been busted/using meth again.. they are claiming clean now, but do not have a lot of faith at this time that they will stay that way...

mtnmama111

Asked by mtnmama111 at 12:17 PM on Jul. 28, 2010 in General Parenting

• Well I don't see a problem with them being placed in your care
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 12:20 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• IDK.
    all of it is very new. But i would think that you can.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 12:22 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• What is a medical cannabis card?
    FatGirl239

Answer by FatGirl239 at 12:23 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• Oh for....
    Any kind of drug...any...just spell trouble. Sorry but I wonder WHY you have a Medical Cannabis card?
    Anonymous

• You should contact a lawyer.. I would think it would be OK for you to get your grandkids because people who have kids who have medical reasons for using drugs don't get their kids taken away, so unless there are other reasons why you wouldn't be able to get them, I don't see why not.
    FatGirl239

Answer by FatGirl239 at 12:32 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• I don't see why not, the fact that you two consume medical marijuana is not illegal is it?

Answer by older at 12:35 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• I have a medical cannabis card because it is medicine that helps me. I have been able to quit taking the 7 different prescriptions for my various issues previously prescribed by my doc... and my hubby as well. We live in CA, it is all legal, I a, just concerned that the laws are behind, or that someone's personal opinion could effect this. (like anonymous several answers up;)
    mtnmama111

Comment by mtnmama111 (original poster) at 12:38 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• This may indeed cause you trouble. Let's face it, medicenary or not, most people don't think it is a good idea to be "baked" while in charge of a child.
    Anonymous

• I just have to say- if I had a prescription still for muscle relaxers and Vicodin- no one would think twice- but I would be far more f'ed up on those than I am on cannabis. Food for thought.. I have friends who take Vicodin daily for pain- it is an addictive substance. Heck- I have a friend with RA who has a morphine script she uses quite often... but would THAT disqualify her?? NOPE.. anyone else see the unfairness here??...
    mtnmama111

Comment by mtnmama111 (original poster) at 12:43 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• I would wonder : if you were on more conventional meds if they would still not consider you due to inability to care for a child with condition/s. Not knowing what the conditions are I guess I could be way off but I would think anything that required that level of meds would be pretty bad. Just another thought- not my opinion.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 12:56 PM on Jul. 28, 2010