My husband smokes pot in the garage and then comes inside near my 4 mo. baby. You can still smell it on him, can this affect my son?

My husband and I agreed he would stop once our son was born, however he hasn't yet and furthermore has now decided he's not going to! I don't want my son to have that as a familiar scent later in life or to walk in on my husband smoking when he starts walking. I'm looking for proof of what this can do to babies, but all I'm finding is the affects if the mother smokes or is exposed to it (which I'm not).

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:19 PM on Jul. 28, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• If your son gets taken away because your husband smokes it, yea, it will effect him.
    FatGirl239

Answer by FatGirl239 at 12:21 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• Keep in mind that if he gets caught with it in the house in some sates you can loose your son until an investigation deems you as 'clean'
    Anonymous

• Probably nothing. sorry.

outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 12:21 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• I agree with the previous posters. It will only affect your son if you lose your child due to your husband smoking pot in the premises of an infant! If he wants to do that illegal crap, he needs to leave the property and do it.
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 12:22 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• Yes. Any type of smoke or scent.. even perfume may affect him. It may not be actual smoke, but the smell is still there. I was gonna PM you but you're anon... LOL PM me if you want an idea that MIGHT help. I'm not here to judge or tell you that you nor your DH are horrible parents. To each their own.
    LyTe684

Answer by LyTe684 at 12:23 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• Well, your son could get taken away if he got caught _ CPS could be called if people you know call them for this reason This will affect his motivation, his reaction, his mood with your son... YES< THIS WILL AFFECT YOUR CHILD -
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 12:23 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• See.....pot IS addictive. Your husband is a jerk. Sorry, but that would be a deal-breaker for me.
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 12:24 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• Hun, pot is not addictive nor will it harm your baby in any way shape or form to have the smell on daddy, would you rather he drink? Let him distress with this without making a big deal, unless he completely neglects his responsibilities and is a complete looser, then you should start to worry.

Answer by older at 12:27 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• You gotta put your foot down to your husband.You have much more important things to spend your money on than pot.Like formula, diapers, food, rent ect.......I know the baby is little but sometimes a momma bear needs to show her teeth.
    evelynwest

Answer by evelynwest at 12:30 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• My dad smoked pot all of his darned adult life. I grew up hating the smell of it. How he got away with it for decades i have no clue. I just know he became paranoid when he needed another joint and his eyes were always watery and red like a lab rat. He used to grow his own at home. Back when i was 5 i remember playing gardner one day, watering his plants in the kitchen and he went ballistic, he probably thought his 5 year old daughter would report him 2 the police while watering the evidence, what an idiot he was! I hate drugs, they killed his brain, he acted stupid and agresive. He was high every time i needed him...I've never had any type of drug, i've seen what they did to him and don't want to end like that, that's the only good effect on me i guess.
    Pengy

Answer by Pengy at 12:31 PM on Jul. 28, 2010