After having my tubes tied..... adult content

I've had extremely heaving periods. Ever since I was 14, my periods have only lasted about two to three days and I've never needed more than a regular absorbancy tampon. Well, since baby 4 (4th c-section) and my tubal, my periods are running me through a super in two hours. That lasts for about 4-5 days, then just suddenly stops for about 24 hrs, then it comes back super light for about a day or so...not only that, but a week before I get it- I have aweful mood swings! Every little thing will set me off- pissed off yelling at my hubby or my kids, bawling because I feel bad. Severe highs and lows for two days about a week before my period. My doc doesn't think it's a big deal...but he's not the one changing tampons or making my kids upset either!! Anyone else's cycle just suddenly change? I hate it!!

KariLyn84

Asked by KariLyn84 at 12:20 PM on Jul. 28, 2010 in Health

• i have had 3 c-sections and with my last 3 yrs ago i had a tubal. Since then my periods are like your heavy enough to be niagra falls! I have told 3 or 4 doctors about this and begged them to do something. I just now have found a dr that believes me and is sending me to a ob/gyn for evaluations. I have a history of pulmonary embolis (blood clots in the lungs) so birth control to ease the bleeding is not an option for me though it might be for you. You are not alone!!
    Alwaysacarnie

Answer by Alwaysacarnie at 1:34 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• I don't have my tubes tied, but before I got preggo with dd2 I had really heavy periods. I started taking iron & IT GOT BETTER
    Ashlynnsmommy07

Answer by Ashlynnsmommy07 at 12:24 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• Maybe your hormones are out of whack,that makes us cranky.Maybe with time your body readjusts?I don't know.
    evelynwest

Answer by evelynwest at 12:24 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• sorry for the caps at the end, hit caps & didn't realize it
    Ashlynnsmommy07

• start taking iron and potassium. I have heard it do wonders for a lot of people.
    mrsbean08

Answer by mrsbean08 at 12:37 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• lAshlynnsmommy07 -mao I thought you were just really excited about it getting better!! LOL They've tested me twice for anemia and my iron is 12.9 and 11.8 each time. I'm hoping it gets better I cannot stand being a bitch! well, most of the time I am by choice to some people, but I don't like it being involuntary! Lol
    KariLyn84

Comment by KariLyn84 (original poster) at 12:38 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• Mine changed, but not suddenly - it's actually like it changes every few months. Sucks but my periods are shorter (4-5 days instead of the 7-8 they used to be).
    4time-mom

Answer by 4time-mom at 4:31 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• I have had three c-sections and just a month ago I had my tubes tied, a d&c, and the Novasure endometrial ablation. I also had my gallbladder removed at the same time. So far, I still have abdominal cramping, but no period...I should have started back around the 13th of July. I feel like I have PMS, but no more heavy bleeding or severe cramps. Everyone that I know that has had the ablation is happy they did it instead of a hysterectomy.
    jnov95

Answer by jnov95 at 5:34 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• Yeah, I've read up on some of the thermal ablation and there's one my doctor's office does that is in office, takes five minutes and is fairly painless. It's done with radio frequency? Kind of new technology I guess, but if my insurance will cover it, I'm just gonna demand he does it. Going through 2 boxes of tampons for one period is just insane and a nuisance. Not to mention disgusting!! I HATE periods. lol
    KariLyn84

Comment by KariLyn84 (original poster) at 10:23 PM on Jul. 28, 2010