Is it normal to be hungry in the middle of the night?

Every night I wake up about the same time (3AM) and I feel like I haven't had anything to eat all night. I eat dinner in the evening (6 or 7) then I usually have a snack around 9 or 10. I'm 20 weeks along and its a boy. My mother said its because boys like to eat alot. Could that be true?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:12 AM on Oct. 3, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Sure that means your baby isn't getting something it wants or needs. It seems like durning both if my pregnancy's I ate all the time. Just eat but maybe eat a little. Do you eat 5 or 6 small meals a day?That is what my doctor told me and it seemed to really work. Hope this helps. Good Luck oh and ask your Doctor.
    Beccah2

Answer by Beccah2 at 5:23 AM on Oct. 3, 2008

• LOL thats y im up right now. I dn't think it's cause boys like to eat though. I was like that with my boy i got up every night around the same time and had ceral. This time it's a girl.
    BabyGsMaMa13

Answer by BabyGsMaMa13 at 5:41 AM on Oct. 3, 2008

• When I was pregnant with my daughter, I craved rich foods dearly, even to the point where that I walked to the store to get what I desired. I took the prenatal vitamins and ate what I should, but I desired calories.
    BlueSaphire

Answer by BlueSaphire at 5:50 AM on Oct. 3, 2008

• lol that is the way i am this one and with my last with my first i would wake up everynight for a banana and capri sun lol this on ugh i just want food lol and im only 10 almost 11 weeks lol
    iloveyall2008

Answer by iloveyall2008 at 5:50 AM on Oct. 3, 2008

• If your hungry, then eat . Try to pick some nice snacks that are rich in vitamins.
    akhlass

Answer by akhlass at 8:27 AM on Oct. 3, 2008

• it is normal to be hungry at any point in time durung a pregancy. Like somone said before, you are hungry because you are lacking the nutrients your baby needs/wants. What I did, sinice I got full easily was; drink a slimfast with every meal or with snacks...I got the powder kind, becasue he ready to drink is kinda expensive.
    cloud144

Answer by cloud144 at 8:42 AM on Oct. 3, 2008

• im 20 weeks also, im not going to find out what im having, but it happens to me too. its like clock work, no matter what time i finally fall asleep at im up at 3 or 4, going to the bathroom, looking for something to eat, and can feel the baby kick until i finally fall back asleep! it was annoying at first because it started around 17 weeks. i get up for work at 7:30, so waking up like that messed everything up, but my body is adjusted now and its just normal to me. good luck. :)
    walkthisway522

Answer by walkthisway522 at 9:23 AM on Oct. 3, 2008