How did you all tell your folks you were pregnant?

my1paige

Asked by my1paige at 12:24 PM on Jul. 28, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I said, "Mom ...I'm pregnant".
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 12:27 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• I had my son tell Grandmom at a family cook out. He was 6 and he said Grandmom, I have a secret for you. "Mommy has a baby in her tummy" it was really cute
    Maureen-MD

Answer by Maureen-MD at 12:27 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• We bought baby bibs that said 'I love my Grandpa', 'I love my Grandma', ones along those lines, and gave them as presents.
    beckie66

Answer by beckie66 at 12:28 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• With DS we wrappred up 2 bids an 'I love grandpa' and I love grandma' on them for Christmas. With DD. DS wore a Shirt that said 'I'm the Big Brother' and went to dinner with them. It took My DH parents half way through the meal to notice!!
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 12:28 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• This most recent time, we told my mom on Christmas day during a visit. His family saw that i was showing while we visited them for Passover. They asked, he said yes. We used holidays to share the news.
    keisha613

Answer by keisha613 at 12:28 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• I just called my mom and my MIL and told them that they were going to be grandparents.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 12:29 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• I was 28 and we'd been trying for 3 years so I called her and said mom, I'm pregnant.. :)
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 12:29 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• sent them a video of my husband and i viewing our results. i didn't include in the video the part where i actually took the test. they may have wanted to see that part, who knows.
    mellypoo

Answer by mellypoo at 12:29 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• being so open is not easy with my folks
    my1paige

Comment by my1paige (original poster) at 12:29 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• I was only 19 and they hadn't even met my boyfriend yet (I was on the "outs" with them when we met and I was mad at them, so I never brought him around!), so it was VERY hard for me. I told my sister first and she was moving away and didn't want to move without having someone else in my family know, so she kind of made me tell them. They had been talking about having grandkids for YEARS (hoping for one from my older brother or sister) so either they would be very disappointed or very excited. I told my mom first, just started talking to her and I handed her a picture of my ultrasound and said, "Here's a great picture for you, grandma." And she was really shocked, but gave me a hug and said, "Oh my god. I am going to be a grandma?!" Then we went and told my dad and three brothers and my dad said, "When are you due, it better not be during hunting season?" (LOL) And everyone was SO HAPPY. I was relieved!
    FatGirl239

Answer by FatGirl239 at 12:30 PM on Jul. 28, 2010