Diaper Champ or Diaper Genie ii Elite ??

which one is better ??

cookie269

Asked by cookie269 at 12:28 PM on Jul. 28, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I have a Diaper Genie and it works wonderfully. What I've never been able to do is put them in a WalMart bag and throw them in the kitchen trash. The stink is awful and I would have to just take out the trash because of that one nasty diaper. If it was in there for even a few hours the smell stayed in the can and more work I get to do cleaning the stench out. I have never had any problem with the genie stinking up a room. But then again I emptied it regularly too.
    wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 12:40 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• honestly, I'd save my $$ and just throw them in the regular trash can
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 12:29 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• Honestly, don't even waste your money - just throw the diapers in plastic bag and take it out daily.
    beckie66

Answer by beckie66 at 12:29 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• I would save my money too! Those things never control the smell and the room ends ups stinking.

I actually would hang a used walmart bag on the side of my changing table....I would use it until it was full or until it had a really bad stinky.

This way I didnt have to buy any diaper pails, I was recycling used plastic bags for a good purpose. They have perfect handles for tieing up and the room never smelled.
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 12:31 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• neither. a regular trash can with a foot pedal is a better investment. that's really all you need it you take in and empty it regularly and tie the really bad ones up in a plastic grocery bag. You can even decorate the can with your nursery decore if look is an issue.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 12:31 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• waste of money. and they reek. get a regular cheap trash bin with a tight lid.
    I urge you to switch to cloth, or to at least a hybrid system like g diapers or flips. less smell and cheaper and better for the earth.

if you do do disposables, remember that after you start solids at 6 months, poop goes into the toilet not the trash!
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 12:33 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• Just save the plastic bags frm the grocery shopping, drop a soiled diaper in one every time it happens, tie a knot and take to the outside big trash can asap. Very financially efficient and no lingering odors, genious!
    Pengy

Answer by Pengy at 12:33 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• I bought the one that you use regular plastic grocery bags with. I'll say it worked great! BUT!! I ended up using it maybe three times total. I never used it for poopy diapers. I just couldn't get myself to leave even peepee diapers in my DS room. So it sat unused in the corner. I just would wrap the pee diapers in a ball and throw them in the kitchen pail. Poopy Diapers went right out wrapped in a plastic bag & knotted to the garbage pail in the garage. Don't waist your money. Buy something else you need instead.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 12:35 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• wildflowers I NEVER put the walmart bags in the kitchen garbage, kinda defeats the purpose. My BIG outside garbage can is right outside the steps and I would just stick my head out and toss it out.

My diaper genie stunk even with daily cleaning, you think the rest of us leave it for days?
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 12:44 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• I had a Diaper Champ with my oldest almost 8 years ago, and it always smelled, but the design may have improved since then. With my youngest, I had a Diaper Genie II and an Elite (the first one broke after 2+ years of use). They did a really good job of controlling the smell; the only time I noticed a smell is when the bag wasn't tied correctly and it leaked into the Genie. The only drawback to the Diaper Genie is that the refills are expensive.
    andrea96

Answer by andrea96 at 1:27 PM on Jul. 28, 2010