Am I at risk for another preterm labor?

Ok so I am 26 weeks pregnant with my third child. My first I had to be induced a week early due to my blood pressure shooting up after a car accident and then with my second my water broke at 32 weeks and I went into early labor and im just wondering if that puts me at high risk for it to happen again and what I can do to prevent it. I am going to talk to my doctor about this I just wanted to hear some opinions on here before I go!!

ladybugky88

Asked by ladybugky88 at 12:32 PM on Jul. 28, 2010 in Pregnancy

• If it is blood pressure causing it, You could eat healthy and walk for gentle exercise maybe?
    evelynwest

Answer by evelynwest at 12:36 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• It puts you athigh risk for the sake of you probably can't be seen by a midwife. However my water broke at 36 weeks with my 3rd and had preeclampsia with my 4th. I would say you are just as at risk for another preterm labor as you would have been without it happening before. I just had my 5th child and had to be induced due to him being overdue. So it doesn't mean too much just makes the doctor aware and alert.
    carmadsmom

Answer by carmadsmom at 1:29 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• Yes you are. Nothing really you can do to keep your water from breaking. You can try Terbutaline. It stops contracttons but makes your pulse race. I'm sure your OB will have some sugeestions.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 8:41 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• I had my son at 37 weeks because my fluid was so low and he was low birth weight. They don't know why he was so little so the Dr. is watching me closer this time.
    Candie2008

Answer by Candie2008 at 10:59 PM on Jul. 28, 2010