what would you do if your hubby didnt like the name you picked?

well this is my second boy, our first boy my hubby didnt like the names i did so he pretty much picked both names for our first son(landon khai). now im due in 5 weeks and hubby is totally against the names i pick for a middle name. i really like( luke alexander), what would you do? i gave in on the first woulnt it be fair i got to pick this boys name. i mean khai grew on me after a while so maybe alexander will grow on him, right? by the way we did both agree on first names to be fair!

mrsaustin271

Asked by mrsaustin271 at 12:43 PM on Jul. 28, 2010 in Pregnancy

• lay down the law mama lol, I remember i LOVED the name Trevor and it just hit me one day! i wokeup and said our sons name is trevor, My hubby was suck on ATTICUS!!!! for his 1st name... but i just stuck with Trev! and it grew on him.. but atticus grew on me too so now i have a Trevor Atticus!
    SammiGirl07

Answer by SammiGirl07 at 12:50 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• I think you two should agree
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 12:44 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• I have too boys as well my oldest was suppose to be anthony Brian but hubby wanted Kaidan Brian. We went with the name he picked. For our second we agreed on two names Anthony Bruce or Connor Anthony.. We went with connor after what happen in the hospital and thought it was a suitable name.... Both my boys are named after there dad and that is what I wanted.
    Claudiomom

Answer by Claudiomom at 12:46 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• I believe that this sort of decision should be reached together. The two of you should compare lists, thoughts, and reasoning. It shouldn't be about "win or lose" and it shouldn't be about "fair" ... the two of you have a great start on agreeing if you've already agreed to the first name.
    aliceinalgonac

Answer by aliceinalgonac at 12:48 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• Ask your hubby to compromise. Hubby and I picked together the names of our 2 youngest boys, I just wouldn't give in to his picks and him mines so we had to agree.
    LuvmyFam6

Answer by LuvmyFam6 at 12:45 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• Tell him to get over it.You are the on pushing the kid out of you body, not him.You've earned it.If he doesn't like the kids name, he willl comeup with a nickname anyway.
    evelynwest

Answer by evelynwest at 12:45 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• Great question, because tell me tell you, if my next baby is a boy there is NO WAY IN HELL I will agree with the name my SO picked out, and I don't see him backing down on it. LOL So I guess if it were me, the baby would get the name I picked! I'm bad, I know! LOL
    FatGirl239

Answer by FatGirl239 at 12:46 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• If I were set on a name that I loved (and he didn't have a suggestion I liked better), I think it boils down to YOU have to carry the baby, YOU have to give birth, so YOU get final say on the name.
    coder_chick

Answer by coder_chick at 12:52 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• This did happen with us. We threw out the name and decided on a new one together that we both liked.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 1:48 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• surely somewhere out there is a name you can both agree on....
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 1:52 PM on Jul. 28, 2010