ringworms (HELP PLEASE!!!)

Okay i have a ringworm on my leg, it is HUGE! it started out lookin like a mosquito bite or somethin and then it turned into a ring...so i knew it was a ringworm. i have been puttin medicine on it and keepin it covered up so my son doesnt touch. well NOW i have a bunch of little bites all over me especially on my arms that look like ringworms!!!!

my question is, can ringworms spread all over your body or do i have an allergic reaction or somethin and need to go to the dr asap?!?!?!

EheartsZ07

Asked by EheartsZ07 at 12:52 PM on Jul. 28, 2010 in Health

• They spread..easy. Just get some antibacterial cream for ringworm..
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 12:53 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• Ring worm,no S,is a fungal infection. Not caused by bites. It is contagious.It can spread. You can try an OTC fungal cream like those used for jock itch. If your skin begins to crack from the fungus,you need to see a doc for an antibiotic

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 12:56 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• Ringworm is actually a fungus. If you can get some anti-fungal cream from the store or pharmacy, apply that as directed. Unfortuntately, it does spread rapidly if you are touching and itching it. You need to wash it daily with something like Dial Soap. Apply the cream and refrain from touching!!! I know that's easier said than done. Also, just to be sure, I would run it all by the Dr., especially if it doesn't heal.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 12:56 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• Thats what I meant--anti-fungal! LOL.. I used to get ringworm a lot.
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 12:58 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• i have been putting antifungal cream on it and i dont touch it, it doesnt itch, i know it isnt caused by bites, i was just saying that it looked like a bite and then turned into a humongous ringworm...and now i have somethin all over my arms that looks like bites but are scaly lookin...i think im just gonna go to the dr. thanks tho!
    EheartsZ07

Comment by EheartsZ07 (original poster) at 12:59 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• Ringworm is actually a fungus, not a worm. I would go to the doctor. Even with prescription medication, it can be hard to get rid of. I'm not sure that an over the counter anti fungal will do the job.
    Iamgr8teful

Answer by Iamgr8teful at 1:04 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• You can wash the ringworms with a medicated shampoo available at the pharmacy without a scipt or Selsum Blue. Check out some of the ateletes foot medications many have intructions for use on ringworm also & might be a little stronger than regular creams. If the itching is driving you crazy you can apply the ringworm cream & then a hydrocortisone cream. I am fighting through this with two of my boys right now.
    ocielee

Answer by ocielee at 1:04 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• just fyi ringworm will glow irridecent under a black light. generally it takes 2-3 weeks to clear. if you have pets check them too. it can spread back and forth between humans and animals. also keep it uncovered when possible for healing. the ringworm likes the moist dark
    chris13

Answer by chris13 at 1:57 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• i used clear finger nail polish and a bad aid on mine
    regian19832002

Answer by regian19832002 at 12:39 AM on Aug. 2, 2010