Do you prefer a gas or electric stove?

I grew up with electric so gas stoves used to freak me out. But since we had one in an apartment I like them because when the electric goes out you can still make food. =)

firenicecream

Asked by firenicecream at 12:55 PM on Jul. 28, 2010 in Just for Fun

• electric-way cheaper to run

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 12:56 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• i would much rather cook with gas!
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 12:57 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• i grew up w/ electric too, so at first i hated gas stove tops cause everything takes so long to boil! but now i like it cause it seems to cook things at lower heat better and its more even. i still prefer electric ovens tho!
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 12:57 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• gas 110%
    HuskerMommy08

Answer by HuskerMommy08 at 12:59 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• I think it is safer with small children to have an electric stove unless you just use the back burners. My DS was over my Mom's house & she has a Gas stove. She was making corn in a big pot on the front burner and my DS saw the blue flame and reached for it. My Dad yelled & stopped him right before he touched it. I have a black glass top electric stove and it works well & looks nice but if I ever get another stove I would like gas. We actually did lose electricity the other night in the middle of cooking dinner. I had to scrap what I was making & BBQ instead.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 1:01 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• Gas for sure. You get instant heat and instant off and instant adjustments.
    confused969

Answer by confused969 at 1:02 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• GAS STOVE Pictures, Images and Photos

We have a crappy electric stove now because we rent... UGH I hate it!
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 1:03 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• I also prefer gas, because first of all...there's no wait for the burner to heat up and you can more easily control the heat just by the size of the flame. With electric stoves, you have to "know" each every individual stove to know what setting is what. We also have a electric black glass top and I like it, however, I would prefer gas. We don't have a gas line there though, so it's not an option, so we went with a glass top as it is SO much easier to clean.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 1:06 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• Gas. Simply because it cooks more evenly, heats up quicker, and is just nicer.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 1:07 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• Electric here
    Truelove77

Answer by Truelove77 at 1:08 PM on Jul. 28, 2010