Exactly what is the POINT of getting drunk?

Disclaimer: This is NOT to start "anything", I'm just curious what people have to say.

I've never been drunk in my life and won't drink more than 2 of a drink at a time. I've been around drunk people (funny and scary) and I just don't see the point. What's your take?

firenicecream

Asked by firenicecream at 12:56 PM on Jul. 28, 2010 in Food & Drink

• I don't drink often.. but when you get drunk, not too drunk, you have a good time. But I have a good time when Im sober too.
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 12:57 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• I can't say I have ever gotten 'drunk' I enjoy occasionally being tipsy. But drunk- don't remember what I did last night-threw up my dinner-major head ache, no, I don't get it either.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 12:59 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• So we can act stupid without taking responsibility for it.
    GinNTonic

Answer by GinNTonic at 12:59 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• clappingEXACTLY!!!!

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 12:59 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• What is the point of drinking alcohol? Afterall..it is a poison and does nothing good for your body REGARDLESS of what stupid studies say.
    keyaziz

Answer by keyaziz at 1:02 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• when i would get drunk..(yrs ago) i felt like nobody could see the "real me"..i was hiding behind my drunkness. It made me relaxed, fun, open, crazy, ...all those things all at once. That was when i was stripping. The real me did not want to be there. i wanted to put my clothes on and go home.
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 1:04 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• Personally, I drink like twice a year, and when I drink I drink to get drunk. I don't like the taste of alcohol and I won't drink if I am just going to have "a few". NOW, don't get me wrong, I don't get drunk, falling down, puking, can't talk or stand up straight, but I drink until I feel good. LOL If I drink we are out with friends and I am too damn self conscious to get up and sing karaoke, dance or act all crazy unless I've been drinking. So that is why I get drunk.. LOL

FatGirl239

Answer by FatGirl239 at 1:05 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• now i can drink 1-2 beers and be buzzed. Then i could drink a 12 pack and it would do nothing.
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 1:05 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• I can't remember that far back it's been a very very long time, like in another life!
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 1:06 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• It's a cheap high. An excuse to be stupid and outrageous.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 1:06 PM on Jul. 28, 2010