Baby Shower Food Menu Ideas?

I'm planning a baby shower. I'm really at a bump on food menu. It's a traditional theme with chocolate brown teal white and silver for a boy and birds. Help :)

officialamysue

Asked by officialamysue at 12:56 PM on Jul. 28, 2010 in Food & Drink

• You could do a themed baby shower with a specific region of food like all Italian, Spanish, or a buffet of different dishes.
    CafeMochaMom1

Answer by CafeMochaMom1 at 1:00 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• The last baby shower that I went to they served salad. Everybody got in line, as they had all of the salad makings in a row and got to make their own. It was a big hit! For desert it was cookies and pastries, then of course cake! Yum!
    mom2twingirl797

Answer by mom2twingirl797 at 1:04 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• Little finger sandwiches and crudites, and a candy bar (little dishes filled with assorted wrapped candies) in the colors of your shower.

Keep it simple, mama,
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 1:05 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• I would stick to a Garden Party Menu.
    Sometime elegant yet festive.

http://www.southernliving.com/food/entertaining/wedding-shower-recipe-ideas-00417000067299/

http://www.creative-baby-shower-ideas.com/baby-shower-recipe.html

http://www.cutest-baby-shower-ideas.com/baby-shower-menu.html

That should help get you started.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 1:05 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• That salad bar idea is great. What ladies don't like to eat salad?

I know Ruby Tuesday actually will do an entire portable salad bar for you. Check out their website. I believe they will do a baked potato bar, as well.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 1:07 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• Anything but potluck.

I was recently invited to the baby shower of someone I barely know... was surprised to be asked to bring a dish in addition to my gift. IMO asking a few people that are family or close friends to help bring food is fine.... asking everyone on the invite list to bring food is tacky. Plus there was so much food, most of it was thrown away.

Keep the menu simple and affordable. Tea sandwiches, Mexican, Italian. Do something that you can prep in advance that will need little maintenance during the party. That way you will be able to host without slaving over the food.
    Niki_sd

Answer by Niki_sd at 1:07 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• I really like the salad idea.

One of the nicest showers I ever went to was all appetizers. Some were out when we got there, others were passed as the shower went on, making sure the guest of honor got some. Then there was cake and finger pastries. Have fun!
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 1:46 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• i have a really easy recipe i could send you for cheesecake tarts (cover them in fruit that has soaked in sugar.) everyone devours them everytime i make them. i think everyone loves appitizers and desserts - go that way.. and lady like mixed drinks.
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 7:04 PM on Jul. 28, 2010