GM says Volt to cost $41.000......

I have never paid that much for a car in my life and I've had plenty. I certainly would not pay it for this. The benefits(if there are any) don't add up to the costs.
How much was your most expensive automobile? Would you buy this gas/electric car for what they are asking?

itsmesteph11

Asked by itsmesteph11 at 12:58 PM on Jul. 28, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• I certainly wouldn't pay that much for one when the only reasoning behind them costing more than a regular car is their "environmental friendliness" and their batteries are allowed in landfills. That's logic that makes about as much sense as people who say they reuse their plastic grocery bags as trash bags (meaning they'll be filled with garbage and sent to a landfill, buried in more plastic, to sit for 1000 years) and that means they're being "green".
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 2:02 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• I paid $9000, brand new for my 2003 Saturn Ion, which i am still driving with 185,000 miles. I have no plans to buy a car in the next 3-4 years so i haven't really thought about a price.
    UpSheRises

Answer by UpSheRises at 1:00 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• Plus, they don't advertise you have to have a charging station that will charge at 240 volts. The typical house uses 220 (for the dryer and stove) and 110 for the rest of the house. How much does that cost?
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 2:23 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• I would pay that if we had the money. We'll see,maybe generation 2 will be less.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 12:59 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• Our cheapest car was $40 and our most expensive was about $17,000. I would never pay that amount of money for a new car and I agree, the benefits just don't add up. I think the electric/gas cars have a long way to go before I would consider buying one.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 1:00 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• I wouldn't buy that. The most expensive car I'd bought was around $29k, and it was a Toyota.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 2:37 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• My most expensive was a brand new Ford Contour back in 1996. It cost 16K. I paid $9000 for my chevy cavalier in 2003 and it's still chugging along. We are going to upgrade one day but we don't want the car payment or insurance hike.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 3:52 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• Nissan Leaf only starts at around $23k. I am considering getting one. They come out in Nov.
    I paid $5650 cash for my 2006 Nissan Titan. I love that my mom works for a company that gets repo'ed vehicles. lol.
    Auntiemom410

Answer by Auntiemom410 at 1:07 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• OK this car is in the category of a viper, cobra, or Lambo. If you don't have a car like that it isn't meant for you. They always make cars like this that are more desirable for those who want to pay the higher price tag. So it doesn't partain to me. As long as a car runs good I'll buy it. My car has a 10.000 kelly blue book tag, I paid 3,000 on tax return. It was a great car until dh crashed it. Now I have to wait to get the money to fix it.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 3:18 PM on Jul. 28, 2010