I got a ZERO on my test...

Im taking a medical term class, we meet 1 time a week(every wednesday evening)
Well last week i had written her(my instructer) an email saying i wouldnt be able to make it to class because i was battling the stomach Flu. She wrote me back..

"I hope you feel better soon, all we will be doing today is going through chap. 1-4. You can also show me your extra credit next week."

That was last wednesday...

Today i get an email from her saying...

"You did not log on Thursday -Sunday and did not take the test. I have not gotten any emails or phone calls from you regarding any trouble with the computer or ANGEL. I will have to give you a zero for the test. Please be aware that there are tests in this class every week and if you intend to stay in the class you will need to take them during the open period of Thursday - Sunday."

My question is what do i do now??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:10 PM on Jul. 28, 2010 in

• You take the hit.
    aliceinalgonac

Answer by aliceinalgonac at 1:11 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• You call her. And then you get your syllabus out and learn it pretty well.

Just remind her that you were sick and see if she'll let you take it.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 1:11 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• how long have you been in the class? If this was not your first class, then you would have known that there is a test every week.
    You just have to deal with the fact that you missed the class and got a zero
    DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 1:12 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• You do better next week, or talk to your student advisor to get their take on what happened and where to go from here.
    HuskerMommy08

Answer by HuskerMommy08 at 1:12 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• You're responsible for your own performance, and you're responsible for knowing what's required of you.
    justnancyb

Answer by justnancyb at 1:15 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• she told you what you were doing on Wednesday during the test. she didn't say anything about the rest of the week.

if your syllabus stated that you takes tests every week it was your responsibility to do something about it if you couldn't take it.
    sounds like you blew it. remember when it comes to things like this and instructors, you have to communicate in exact words, and take what they say as exact words.

no room for reading between the lines.
    ItsMe89

Answer by ItsMe89 at 1:16 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• It was class #2 that i missed. tonight will be the 3rd class. She never gave us a syllabus because she couldnt get the copyier to work our first class. Today was the first time i was hearing about tests every week
    SunShineMoMM

Answer by SunShineMoMM at 1:19 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• Well, if you were never informed of the weekly exams, I would tell her that. But also, you had four days to complete the test... if you have a class that is partially online, you should be checking it daily to see if you have something to do on it. I know it can be hard to get on the computer when sick, but it's not too difficult to spend that five minutes checking.
    Anonymous

• She probably forgot that you were sick last week. E-mail and apologize for not taking the test and re-state that you were sick last week. IF she gives you another opportunity to re-take the test, that is great, but do not expect a second chance.
    And in the e-mail ask if she can e-mail you the syllabus since you never received one.
    NOLAmommaKRYS

Answer by NOLAmommaKRYS at 1:26 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• those are great ideas ladies! thank you!
    SunShineMoMM

Answer by SunShineMoMM at 1:30 PM on Jul. 28, 2010