Does your child have any interests that just don't interest you?

My son is starting a worm farm...I think I will let his father be the helper. I know it is very useful and is good for fishing and for the garden, but I just don't have much interest in it. I just listen and appreciate that he has something to put his mind to. How do you respond to your child's projects that are less interest to you? Any unusual projects out there?

minasmama6

Asked by minasmama6 at 1:14 PM on Jul. 28, 2010 in Tweens (9-12)

• Probably video games. The rest of their enthusiam pretty much came from me or my husband so I enjoy nearly everything that interests them and if I don't I make every attempt and usually they win me over.
    blessedwboysx3

Answer by blessedwboysx3 at 9:39 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• None of my child's interests interest me.. she's two.

LOL
    FatGirl239

Answer by FatGirl239 at 1:17 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• yes. 2 of my son's like video games and they ask me how to get around and do this and this with it. i honestly just tell them they have to wait till dad comes to figure it out. its not that i really dont want to help them figure it out its that i really have no idea no matter how hard i try. its hard for me to understand video games.

i have seen that you can grow your own butterfly on TV. i see no point in that but thats a little unusual that you can just buy.
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 1:20 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• Well, my son is 2 so a lot of his interests are not fun. Yo Gabba Gabba, for example... That guy scares me!
    HuskerMommy08

Answer by HuskerMommy08 at 1:22 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• I'm not very mechanical or mathematical either, so that usually gets passed to whoever can help out if possible, but no one said we have to be an expert at everything, right?
    minasmama6

Comment by minasmama6 (original poster) at 1:23 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• I can't think of any of their interests that interest me...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 1:50 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• Pokemon and video games
    sillyt

Answer by sillyt at 2:56 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• 90% of my son is into doesn't interest me or i get so overloaded on it i just don't care anymore. Still it's important that he enjoys learning and I try to encourage that as much as possible. I don't think I would be too enthusiastic about a worm farm though. =/
    Liansmommie

Answer by Liansmommie at 9:50 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• my twelve year old daughter is into pokemon and wolf quest...not even slightly interested
    costello78

Answer by costello78 at 3:38 AM on Jul. 29, 2010